Thread: Jesse Taylor Set To Spark Another Upset At CWFC 54

Hybrid View

Default Jesse Taylor Set To Spark Another Upset At CWFC 54

Harry Williams caught up with Jesse Taylor ahead of Cage Warriors 54 in Wales, and here's what he had to say about matching up with John Phillips:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...n-phillips.htm

"John can work all the defence he wants, but I don't think he can stop my wrestling. If he does, I'm very confident with my stand up game and getting him there. This is a fight so anything can happen.

"Phillips is just as good as some of the UFC veterans I've fought. I won't underestimate him. He's been on tear since his loss to Pavel Kusch. I don't count that fight as a loss, though. I think foot locks are cheap and Pavel got lucky. Phillips is a game and tough fighter, he's high level and an opponent I want to add to my collection."

The only way I see Phillips winning this is by KO. I dont think he will get that chance though. Taylor will lay on him for 3 rounds for the win. Might get a sub somewhere along the line.
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    The only way I see Phillips winning this is by KO. I dont think he will get that chance though. Taylor will lay on him for 3 rounds for the win. Might get a sub somewhere along the line.
    Five rounds. Gas tanks could come into play for both guys.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

footlocks dont count? ok then.

I wouldn't call it an upset, I expect him to win as do many others.

Wait, this would be an upset???

Anyway war Phillips!

I believe he's referring to upsetting the Welsh fans, who will be there to see Phillips knock him out no doubt, not actually talking about bookmakers odds.

I'd love to see Phillips lift the belt though, his chance at the big show has been coming for a long time. He needs this win.