Thread: Diaz vs Condit II

Default Diaz vs Condit II

Condit's team want the fight by the looks of things..

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/24...with-nick-diaz

3 straight for Diaz and hopefully he'll fuck off for good.

I don't know why they are asking for this fight, he clearly won the 1st and will win the rematch in a similar fashion. No interest from me in this fight. Condit should rematch Rory Mac as agreed earlier. Would like to see Nick fight someone like Kampmann

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    I don't know why they are asking for this fight, he clearly won the 1st and will win the rematch in a similar fashion. No interest from me in this fight. Condit should rematch Rory Mac as agreed earlier. Would like to see Nick fight someone like Kampmann
    TBH i think Kampmann would make sense for both of them. Condit and Diaz have lost their last two and Kampmann is fresh off a loss too.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

I like Kampmann for both too. Two excellent fights on paper right there.

With Nick, it's a new fight. With Condit, it's been what, four years since they last fought and it was arguably a much closer fight that Condit vs Diaz.

I can see why Condit's people want it. They obviously think they can beat Nick again, and it'd put them right back in the mix for a title shot, depending on what GSP is doing with Silva/Hendricks.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

I wouldn't say he clearly won the first fight. It was close. I scored the fight for Condit, but I have no problems with anyone who scored it for Diaz.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I thought Condit won, but it was close with a couple of rounds that could have gone either well.

Diaz won't be interested in this, Condits hit & run tactics worked well last time & a similar fight awaits. It would appear Condit wants to avoid the improved Rory & plan what he sees as an easier route back to the title
    I remember reading someone that Maia was interested in fighting Diaz, now that fight I would like to see.

IMO Maia would take Diaz down and manhandle him like he did with Fitch. Maia is the next legit contender after Hendricks, whether it happens though remains to be seen.