Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ali Arish...

Default Ali Arish...

Does anyone know his record...?

I know Sherdog says 18-2 with his last fight the win against Arni but someones just told me he's missing up to 5 wins?... Just wondered if anyone knew.

fighters should look at an event and see if it has registered results before, if it hasn't you need to get some assurance or refuse it imo

getting stupid

Ali's last fight isnt on yet!

Sherdog has quite a few missing off my record
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    fighters should look at an event and see if it has registered results before, if it hasn't you need to get some assurance or refuse it imo

getting stupid
    This is 100% true. Ultimately if you keep fighting on shows that don't record results you have to take responsibility.

Your career or a pay cheque. Take your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Ali's last fight isnt on yet!

Sherdog has quite a few missing off my record
    You need to start sending through some of the vids off the net and the fight card etc, they'll soon get added.

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    This is 100% true. Ultimately if you keep fighting on shows that don't record results you have to take responsibility.

Your career or a pay cheque. Take your choice.
    I also agree, I'm just curious as to how many fights he has missing considering he has some good names on his resume and could potentially be looking at a bigger show and as you and I have stated previously, have no chance of convincing any commission on missing results.

I must admit I hadn't realised how hard it was to get Sherdog to update fight records until fairly recently. Tried to get my missing win updated from a few years ago. I gave all the event and opponent details and a link to the official results posted on Cage Warriors to verify but unless the actual Promoter contacts them with every detail including refs and judges etc you cant do anything. Good tip for the future but cant change the past. It is also too convenient a loop hole for some people to hide losses or those stepping back a level on the sly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gods of War View Post
    I must admit I hadn't realised how hard it was to get Sherdog to update fight records until fairly recently. Tried to get my missing win updated from a few years ago. I gave all the event and opponent details and a link to the official results posted on Cage Warriors to verify but unless the actual Promoter contacts them with every detail including refs and judges etc you cant do anything. Good tip for the future but cant change the past. It is also too convenient a loop hole for some people to hide losses or those stepping back a level on the sly.
    Whenever I've fought pro I've sent the event results off myself and have always managed to get them updated. Have took it upon myself to email results over for shows I've reported on too.

I didn't have to but did it just because of threads such as this where there is people missing records and stuff. I always have a copy of the results on my laptop anyway so for the sake of the two minutes it takes for me to put them in an email and send them over it's worth it.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Always found the guys at Sherdog quite helpful if you emailed them stuff but if the promoter wont play ball or isnt arsed it can be difficult, had a few from back in the day not on my record but am not really assed about it... if your looking for a career in it then you defo should be fighting on the shows that record results!

Pretty good record Ali has ammased there tho tbf

I've had mixed results with Sherdog. I've sent them results of shows where I've clearly stated I was not the promoter, and had a response in a day or two. On the other end of the scale, I've sent them results for FCC shows (from the FCC email addy) and had to chase it for months. I know ammy stuff isn't a priority, but there was always at least one pro fight clearly marked at the top and the person getting the email would have had no idea it was an ammy show until they opened the email and ready down to the results at the bottom.

That doesn't change the fact that promoters are often not living up to their responsibility to get these results recorded. A lot of is is just laziness, but I think there is definitely situation out there where a decent number of smaller promoters are simply not 'clued-up' on the Sherdog thing. I get asked quite regularly by promoters I've never even met/heard of how to get their results uploaded. There isn't even an email link on the Fight Finder main page, or the Sherdog contact page, for people to send results to. A lot of people assume that emailing them is enough, too. In my experience it often isn't, and it's not until a month or so down the line when a fighter asks the promoter why the result of their last bout isn't up there that the promoter realises nothing has been done about it.

Ultimately though, it boils down to the fact that if you're a promoter, and you care, you'll find a way to get it done.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.