Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: What did you all think of ufc 159

  1. #1

    Default What did you all think of ufc 159

    Hi just wondering what you all thought of the ufc at the weekend?

    Was surprised Kongo was stopped so soon Im a little disappointed we are not seeing Hunt vs Nelson as that could be a war both solid chins with big bombs but Dana is the boss.

    No surprises with Jones I figured his ego would have him play the wrestling game which to no surprise Sonnon had no answer for. And dont even get me started on the toe very scary stuff I just pray none of you or your fighters suffer the same.

    Very happy Bisping won there was no answers to his high work rate and pretty simple but very effective boxing hate him or love him but he is still flying the flag and setting the standard for other uk fighters hoping to break in to the top 5. The top 5 is just my opinion im sure some disagree.

    All in all a weak card but I personally enjoyed a few of the fights so no complaints here. Very interested for opinions on the glove situation after Rogan saying we need changes etc.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 29-04-2013 at 11:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rob T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Jones' toe injury is not common but not unheard of when grappling. I would imagine there are people on this forum who have done it. A guy who trains with me has done it. It's not that bad an injury.

    Enjoyed the event, but I nearly always do, just a shame so much weird shit happened.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Jones' toe injury is not common but not unheard of when grappling. I would imagine there are people on this forum who have done it. A guy who trains with me has done it. It's not that bad an injury.

    Enjoyed the event, but I nearly always do, just a shame so much weird shit happened.
    Well the Toe reminded me of a x teacher warning of grabbing the toe to finish the triangle etc. Felt pretty bad for him doing his interview straight after could clearly see in his eyes he was in pain.

    And as far as the super fight talk id honestly love Silva to step up a weight have a warm up fight against say Gegard Mousasi then challenge Jones for the belt and whatever happens Retire if he pulled that off I could see him staying the GOAT for the foreseeable future. Correct its a huge ask as jones is a huge light heavyweight but it would be one magical night to remember if he pulled it off.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 30-04-2013 at 12:07 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rob T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Defo would be painful!

    Who would grab their toe to finish a triangle?? Is this real life?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

  5. #5

    Default

    one of the weidest UFC cards in history in terms of fight endings. Not one but two technical decisions. Yancy's broken hand. Would have been insane if Chael became UFC champ because of that toe injury as well.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Defo would be painful!

    Who would grab their toe to finish a triangle?? Is this real life?
    Dont get me wrong its a stupid thing to do but its happened before where guys cant reach the foot to lock it so they grab the toe and it snaps. Iv seen a photo floating about facebook before but never personally known anybody foolish/unlucky enough to do it.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    one of the weidest UFC cards in history in terms of fight endings. Not one but two technical decisions. Yancy's broken hand. Would have been insane if Chael became UFC champ because of that toe injury as well.
    Yea well im not implying im anywhere near that standard but if outside of a pleasant dream I became a champion in a situation like that id hand the belt straight back in return for a rematch. Well that would be the honourable thing to do anyway after been dominated like that.

  8. #8

    Default

    not a chance in hell Chael would do that. haha.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Rob T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Dont get me wrong its a stupid thing to do but its happened before where guys cant reach the foot to lock it so they grab the toe and it snaps. Iv seen a photo floating about facebook before but never personally known anybody foolish/unlucky enough to do it.
    Well you shouldn't grab your foot either but I've never seen anyone pulling their toe.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Well you shouldn't grab your foot either but I've never seen anyone pulling their toe.
    Im trying to get the video for you there are some pretty horrifying techniques about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.