Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you all think of ufc 159

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Right so actually in direct payment from the UFC that my posts suggests, he got paid more in purse that Jones yes. It's fact. I couldn't care less about sponsors because I never referred to it. So again, yes.
    Any idea what deal he has with Nike as the must be a huge one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Right so actually in direct payment from the UFC that my posts suggests, he got paid more in purse that Jones yes. It's fact. I couldn't care less about sponsors because I never referred to it. So again, yes.
    So, take home, you honestly think he earnt more than Jones for that event? Even knowing about the UFC locker room bonus's etc? Never in a million years does Bisping earn as much per event as Jones - lets also consider PPV revenue etc, that is a legit part of the salary that is not disclosed and again, I bet even if Bisping gets a slice of that pie, it certainly isn't like the kind of fat kid slice Jones gets.

Otherwise I shall expect Jones to soon announce he is off to Bellator to earn more as he is disgusted with Bisping earning more than him.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Jesus Christ... Purse... Fuck bonuses nobody mentioned them... I couldn't give a shit about Nike, bonuses for sucking off Lorenzo or whatever... Just purse. It's fact. Learn to fucking read.

So even though they are contracted a portion of revenue from PPV, you wouldnt consider that legit income?

Does it not state when they release the salaries that ut doesnt include "Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions specifically, pay-per-view bonuses, fight of the night bonuses, etc."

I appreciate what you are saying but its kinda a moot point saying Bisping got a better "purse" than Jones, the bigger picture and the one everyone knows is, quite simply, dont believe that what you read as their salary is ever their entire earnings for an event. I don't know what you are trying to get at to be honest, I know you hate Bisping but its nit picking to suggest his purse was better than Jones - I doubt Jones gives a single shit noting there is no way he didnt earn more than Bisping.

Never mind. I give up.

Agreed ....

I dont always agree with Grizzly but I understand the point he was making. It was purely the UFC purse not anything else such as under the table money, bonuses, endorsements/sponsorships etc.

Think he was just looking at the 2 and seeing a massive difference.

Unless he wants to be paid that way due to how he reports his earnings in business? or he may be on 10 times the under the table payments and bonuses?

Its very difficult to know without all the "undisclosed" payments as to how much they get for each event.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

the undisclosed payments are all over the place. I have heard figures from as low as 500 to five figures for under the table backstage bonuses.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

if JBJ is getting ppv revenue, which seems quite likely, that would have been part of the negotiated pay he got for fighting. if they then announce the basic pay of all fighters but Bisping got more on that side of things, doesn't mean he was paid more overall or valued more.

who do i agree with evzy or grizzle?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Grizzle pops.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 01-05-2013 at 11:38 AM.