Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What did you all think of ufc 159

Seriously, how do people not get the undisclosed payment thing? lol at saying Bisping gets paid more than Jones in any way... he defo doesn't. Basing any opinion on the published figures is ridiculous.

Also, they don't pay undisclosed amounts for anything to do with accounting reasons. It's simply good business practice. If other companies want to tempt big name fighters away they are at an immediate disadvantage when negotiating pay because they have no idea how much the fighters are earning. Otherwise it would be easy to just offer 5-10% more than UFC are paying them.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Seriously, how do people not get the undisclosed payment thing? lol at saying Bisping gets paid more than Jones in any way... he defo doesn't. Basing any opinion on the published figures is ridiculous.

Also, they don't pay undisclosed amounts for anything to do with accounting reasons. It's simply good business practice. If other companies want to tempt big name fighters away they are at an immediate disadvantage when negotiating pay because they have no idea how much the fighters are earning. Otherwise it would be easy to just offer 5-10% more than UFC are paying them.

"I have to give props to Michael Bisping....

....Considering he isn't part of the top 5 elite having NEVER beaten a top 10 fighter, dude earns a shit load of cash, guy must count his lucky stars!!...

$425,000 for his fight against Belcher. ($25,000 more then Jones)"

Hahaha for a moment there I thought you were actually giving Bisping some credit.

Couldn't give a toss how much fighters are paid so not going to get in to that, but lets be absolutely honest, he's been a top ten fighter for a while. Stann and Belcher are both around the top ten and sherdog and the UFC have him ranked about 5 or 6 even after the belfort ko. I don't take much notice of these rankings personally as they are one persons point of view, but to try to claim still that he is not a top fighter in the division is ridiculous. That is the sort of comment that brainless, 16 year old fckwits post on sherdog
    Last edited by Jonny Ninja; 01-05-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Hahaha for a moment there I thought you were actually giving Bisping some credit.
    Never.

The basic salary I presume is on a sliding scale based on time with the org, wins etc, most contracts seem to pay fighters similar amounts e.g 8k 12k 40k etc, I guess Bisping gets paid a higher basic because he has more fights/wins in the UFC than Jones so on the initial earnings it will show him higher salary but...PPV etc isn't shown in that basic contract but its part of the income that is never taken into account but does exist, those salaries released are the most basic of info is all.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I admire you for sticking by your guns and as always we'll agree to disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Right so actually in direct payment from the UFC that my posts suggests, he got paid more in purse that Jones yes. It's fact. I couldn't care less about sponsors because I never referred to it. So again, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    I admire you for sticking by your guns and as always we'll agree to disagree!
    Amen brother

Tell you one thing about Bisping.. He showed no remorse until after the fight about the eye poke. Didn't even say sorry just turned around and walked off. Just disrespectful.

I dunno, shit happens in a fight. I've been eye poked in a jiu-jitsu match and the guy didn't stop attacking me (neither did I get a break, just kept fighting) and he didn't say sorry at any point. Didn't bother me, he didn't mean to stick his thumb in my eye.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/