Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chael Sonnen calls out Silva...

I think sonnen beats every other top middleweight. He's an elite level fighter who has only recently been beaten by arguably the 2 best mma fighters ever. I'd like to see him vs Belfort for a middleweight contenders fight if silva beats Weidman and fights jones in a super fight.have it on the same card,have texeria vs Gustafson for lhw contenders shot on the same card and you've got an awesome night of fights.
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    It would be a real struggle now for the UFC to sell Chael as a credible threat to Anderson again, especially to draw in big PPV bucks.
    Sonnen has had his opportunities, many would say more than he deserved, but he aren't getting near a title shot again.
    It's hard to stop someone fighting for the title if they happen to knock off 3/4 top contenders in one division even if they've fought for the title twice... Look at Urijah Faber... He's going to get another one and he's 0-6 in title fights... Also, if Rich Franklin hit to 185, won 5 straight... Would the UFC stop him getting a title fight because he's fought twice.. It's all hypothetical mate I know... I was just saying they'd find it hard to stop someone fighting for the title especially Sonnen who is so well spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    I think your wrong in my opinion a fit and well Anderson would beat a fit Sonnon 9/10
    I disagree. Not on that Silva can (well, HAS) beat Sonnen, but more on the 9/ 10 bit.

The first fight, Chael won every minute of every round until he got caught in the wrestler's kryptonite, and a move he has a history of being susceptible too anyhow.

2nd fight he took Silva down again, got mount and controlled the first round; 2nd round Silva had to use dirty tactics to prevent one or 2 takedowns; this caused Sonnen to get frustrated and make the stupid decision to throw a move he's clearly never even practised.

If Sonnen kept his head and Silva had been penalised for his tactics; I wouldn't see it going too different to the first fight, except hopefully Sonnen would've avoided the triangle this time

I could see the sonnen - wanderlie fight going ahead purely because sonnen can sell a fight, the brazillian fans hate him and the UFC love a big show in brazil.

As sonnen has shown himself to be a good TUF coach could they be thinking of a US vs Brazil TUF with sonnen and wand as coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    I disagree. Not on that Silva can (well, HAS) beat Sonnen, but more on the 9/ 10 bit.

The first fight, Chael won every minute of every round until he got caught in the wrestler's kryptonite, and a move he has a history of being susceptible too anyhow.

2nd fight he took Silva down again, got mount and controlled the first round; 2nd round Silva had to use dirty tactics to prevent one or 2 takedowns; this caused Sonnen to get frustrated and make the stupid decision to throw a move he's clearly never even practised.

If Sonnen kept his head and Silva had been penalised for his tactics; I wouldn't see it going too different to the first fight, except hopefully Sonnen would've avoided the triangle this time
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycenter View Post

As sonnen has shown himself to be a good TUF coach could they be thinking of a US vs Brazil TUF with sonnen and wand as coaches?
    OK if it was filmed in USA but filmed in Brazil he would need more security detail than Bush in Bagdad and not that the UFC are skint but that would be some bill.
    Boxing Equipment - train hard - fight easy

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post

This is how I see it too
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA