Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top UK MMA Prospects – Part I

Hybrid View

Default Top UK MMA Prospects – Part I

After the shear success of the previous two years, The Fight Lounge has returned with Part I of II, of the Top UK MMA Prospects of 2013.

The Top Ten UK MMA Prospects are determined based on votes cast by a number of individuals in the MMA community. These consist of some of the top UK based journalists, writers and news website editors from The Fight Lounge, Addicted MMA and Love2Fight UK to name but a few. In order for a UK fighter to be considered, he or she must be a professional mixed martial artist and have fought in eight or less bouts. It is possible to include fighters that are under a ZUFFA or any other international promotions contract provided they were born in the United Kingdom.

A total of six participants provided their top ten UK prospects with the fighter in the top position allocated a total of ten points and the tenth fighter in the list just one. Once all the information was collated together, the final list of prospects could be determined. Due to the high amount of votes for certain fighters and the shear closeness in the votes in the latter end of the list, The Fight Lounge have decided to change the Top Ten UK Prospects to the Top Twelve.

Just for clarification purposes, the reason that this is deemed Part I of II, is because this list is based on the fighter’s achievements to date. In the latter part of the year, the list will be comprised once more for Part II.

CLICK LINK TO SEE RESULTS:
    http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...ospects-part-i
    The Fight Lounge - Journalist/Writer/Editor - www.thefightlounge.co.uk

Good list.

Great list id maybe have fishgold a bit higher up but deffo top 2 are gonnae be huge in this sport over next couple of years

That's a great list of talent.
    It's great to see that so many people know what they're looking at
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

Max Nunes 10-0, I know he has a bit of swede in him so not sure if he counts if its just for brits.

Tom Breese 6-0 and is pretty young

Also would have thought Davey Grant would be on there? Only lost his debut and has won all 8 after. Even beat James who is at the top.

Good list though
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Max Nunes 10-0, I know he has a bit of swede in him so not sure if he counts if its just for brits.

Tom Breese 6-0 and is pretty young

Also would have thought Davey Grant would be on there? Only lost his debut and has won all 8 after. Even beat James who is at the top.

Good list though
    Max nunes and davey grant cant be considered due its for athletes with less than 8 fights or im sure theyd be in the mix

Write-up on each fighter would be nice? I don't keep up with UK MMA much so it's kind of a meaningless list without knowing the fighters backgrounds.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Write-up on each fighter would be nice? I don't keep up with UK MMA much so it's kind of a meaningless list without knowing the fighters backgrounds.

1. Pennington

Gym 01

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/James-Pennington-72170