Thread: Cheick Kongo is cut from UFC.

Default Cheick Kongo is cut from UFC.

He turned down a 4 fight contract before the Nelson fight!. Bet he kinda regrets that now.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

He's had a pretty good run in the UFC imo, just never cut it at the very top, I think he'll go away, put a 5-6 fight win streak together and then return, unless he decides on Bellator or WSOF then he should earn enough to stay away, although I'm not sure he'll get the $70,000 he got on saturday night.

He's 37 now, not sure we will ever see him back in the UFC, by time he puts a few wins together he could be 38/39...UFC will bring in fresh blood now to replace him.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

If he actually did turn down a contract I doubt he wants to continue in the UFC in reality, he's 37 and fought nearly 20 times for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    If he actually did turn down a contract I doubt he wants to continue in the UFC in reality, he's 37 and fought nearly 20 times for them.
    It's been reported he was offered a new contract & didn't like the terms. Gambled on beating Roy & it backfired.

To be honest I think he's vastly overrated, beats the lower level guys & looks impressive but flounders against any real competition.
    Despite Rogan constantly classing him as a world-class striker" I've only seen him getting outstruck by guys like Mir.
    Plus he's such a dirty fighter.

If he re-evaluates himself, he will World Champion

Kongo is a grade A badass. He always looked like he was about to eat your fucking liver with some fava beans but never quite finished pouring his Chianti before giving away the round to his opponent. He should be in comic books and movies. He should do some squats though; those chicken pegs need some work.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă