Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rankings In Focus: Top UK MMA Teams - May 2013

Hybrid View

Default Rankings In Focus: Top UK MMA Teams - May 2013

This always gets a big response. By tallying up the number and placement of guys in the rankings, we're able to make some sort of stab at the most prominent teams on the circuit at the minute.

Here's the results:

http://www.yourmma.tv/rankings/detai...s-may-2013.htm

Did that come out as you'd expect? Obviously they're fairly fluid, with the nature of things. Some changes in the top ten, and a top twenty published this time round.

Good to see these rankings, think next gen will be a lot higher next year they producing some great fighters, as will mma academy, they getting a strong pro team with menga, wootten, lozzer, and glover, be nice to see glover an fitzpatrick bein more active though, wonder how these teams would fair out in European rankings, I'm guessing a lot of teams would still be in there, we got some great mma teams in the uk right now.

Quote Originally Posted by anton.d. View Post
    ... wonder how these teams would fair out in European rankings, I'm guessing a lot of teams would still be in there, we got some great mma teams in the uk right now.
    Looking at the ground and pound rankings, SBGi come out on top with 4 ranked fighters in there. Dinky Ninjas have 3 this month but Brian Hyslop has dropped out the flyweight rankings (due to inactivity I suspect) and once McVeigh hits FlyW I would expect him to be in there again. Team Rough House have 3 as well.

There are quite a few teams with 2 ranked fighters - London Shootfighters, Tillery Combat, and Gym 01 to name a few.

Unsurprisingly the UK teams don't feature much until WW. The higher weight classes are made up mainly of Russian and other Eastern European fighters.
    I would ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Looking at the ground and pound rankings, SBGi come out on top with 4 ranked fighters in there. Dinky Ninjas have 3 this month but Brian Hyslop has dropped out the flyweight rankings (due to inactivity I suspect) and once McVeigh hits FlyW I would expect him to be in there again. Team Rough House have 3 as well.

There are quite a few teams with 2 ranked fighters - London Shootfighters, Tillery Combat, and Gym 01 to name a few.

Unsurprisingly the UK teams don't feature much until WW. The higher weight classes are made up mainly of Russian and other Eastern European fighters.

Gym01 have 3 guys in the Euro rankings (Harris, Pooley and Brum) and if James Pennington replaces James Doolan that will be 4
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bri View Post
    Gym01 have 3 guys in the Euro rankings (Harris, Pooley and Brum) and if James Pennington replaces James Doolan that will be 4
    Lol. I stand corrected. Wasn't aware Pooley was under you.

In addition to my last post, there are a couple of guys like Chris Fields who are on the fringes too having just dropped out. The UK have a really good number of ranked fighters since the FlyW division opened up.

Teams like Rusfighters (Russia) and Allstars (Sweden) are also dominant forces in the euro rankings. If fighters are looking at gaining experience at other gyms it looks like these ones would be worth the travel. KSW, Champion, Renyi and Golden Glory are all there too.
    I would ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere.

Great to see so many new teams producing so much talent.

How accurate is it? Chris Rees Academy have 34 points (Dino Gambatesa and John Phillips) but don't appear in the list.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    How accurate is it? Chris Rees Academy have 34 points (Dino Gambatesa and John Phillips) but don't appear in the list.
    I don't know if they have any more fighters however going off the two you mentioned that is only 20 points.

John Phillips = 15
    Dino Gambatesa = 5
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    I don't know if they have any more fighters however going off the two you mentioned that is only 20 points.

John Phillips = 15
    Dino Gambatesa = 5
    Going by the formula for points they say it's 34.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Yeah, that's right actually. I wasn't aware both of those guys came under the Chris Rees banner, thanks for the heads up. I did ask around and got no response on the affiliation of a few people, so that helps.