Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rankings In Focus: Top UK MMA Teams - May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    I don't know if they have any more fighters however going off the two you mentioned that is only 20 points.

John Phillips = 15
    Dino Gambatesa = 5
    Going by the formula for points they say it's 34.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yeah, that's right actually. I wasn't aware both of those guys came under the Chris Rees banner, thanks for the heads up. I did ask around and got no response on the affiliation of a few people, so that helps.
    Probably more teams wrong or missing too. Think it's a good idea but gonna be hard to be accurate with it.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Probably more teams wrong or missing too. Think it's a good idea but gonna be hard to be accurate with it.
    Yeah true, in the article it does say that if there is anything people think is missing/wrong then please let me know so that's cool. I think it's a fairly accurate representation though.

As it happens, I'm trying to put together the teams for everybody in the rankings by next month and am about 95% there so when they get published it'll be easier to see and people can correct me!

Stav, no Towler wasn't down as TSG, thanks for the heads up.

Small problems will arrive when guys train at more than one place when doing things like this.

Also it would be a lot easier if fighters made sure their team/affiliation was accurate on sherdog. Can't understand why fighters or coaches wouldn't want this type of information accurately recorded. Your sherdog page is basically your resume now.
    I would ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere.

Usually dont bother adding any comments on the rankings as I like to use them as useful guides to who's who in ukmma and am not really concerned on how lsf look but as you ask for any corrections/ommissions here are mine:
    2 of our guys have been left out of the rankings for a while.
    Pavel doroftei at middle who I believe should definitely be there somewhere due to his record and performance in the x fighter tournament.
    Arunas andriuskevecius at lhw (his last fight is missing from sherdog from extreme brawl). He beat fraiser opie who is ranked 6.

Also he doesnt fight in the uk but fights out of london shootfighters a uk team- marcin held. Not sure what your position is on a someone like him?

Thanks

Paul

from what i'm hearing, one of those teams is pretty much no-more...

Quote Originally Posted by pmoney View Post
    Usually dont bother adding any comments on the rankings as I like to use them as useful guides to who's who in ukmma and am not really concerned on how lsf look but as you ask for any corrections/ommissions here are mine:
    2 of our guys have been left out of the rankings for a while.
    Pavel doroftei at middle who I believe should definitely be there somewhere due to his record and performance in the x fighter tournament.
    Arunas andriuskevecius at lhw (his last fight is missing from sherdog from extreme brawl). He beat fraiser opie who is ranked 6.

Also he doesnt fight in the uk but fights out of london shootfighters a uk team- marcin held. Not sure what your position is on a someone like him?

Thanks

Paul
    Thanks Paul, appreciate the time out to give out the info.

Arunas is a top fighter and was a top five/ten LHW for a long time as I remember when we did the rankings at MMA Unltd - when was his last fight? There's a one year activity rule on them now to keep things flowing with the guys who are active (unless they have a fight coming up shortly after the one year period expires). Be great to see him back in the mix. Also, if you know where I can get full results from that show I'll happily get Sherdog updated for you!

Doroftei is a guy I'd love to see more of, he looked like an absolute beast and he'd give anyone in the UK trouble. Just haven't heard anything since he won that tourney? I hear he's still coaching etc?

Does Marcin live here now? It's just open to UK residents at the minute. That guy is also a beast!

If any ranked guys want to update their team or make sure they're listed correctly then please get in touch

Quote Originally Posted by gmccann15 View Post
    from what i'm hearing, one of those teams is pretty much no-more...
    Which one's that dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thanks Paul, appreciate the time out to give out the info.

Arunas is a top fighter and was a top five/ten LHW for a long time as I remember when we did the rankings at MMA Unltd - when was his last fight? There's a one year activity rule on them now to keep things flowing with the guys who are active (unless they have a fight coming up shortly after the one year period expires). Be great to see him back in the mix. Also, if you know where I can get full results from that show I'll happily get Sherdog updated for you!

Doroftei is a guy I'd love to see more of, he looked like an absolute beast and he'd give anyone in the UK trouble. Just haven't heard anything since he won that tourney? I hear he's still coaching etc?

Does Marcin live here now? It's just open to UK residents at the minute. That guy is also a beast!

If any ranked guys want to update their team or make sure they're listed correctly then please get in touch
    Thanks Jay.
    Arunas was scheduled to fight on SFL last month vs Vasily Klepikov but the bout has been moved to July.
    Pavel has been teaching but is also due to fight on SFL in July. I was always curious why he was never added to the rankings previously though after his wins on X fighter and Extreme Brawl.

That'd be great if you could update Sherdog for Arunas. I can aend you the full results. For some reason they updated Pavel's but not Arunas. Please drop me an email at londonshot@gmail.com.

Thanks