Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC sign with BT Vision Sports

Default UFC sign with BT Vision Sports

Simon Head from The Mirror has just confirmed the breaking news.

UFC have signed a three year deal in the UK with BT Vision Sports.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-...#ixzz2SbGPtxn1
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Hmmm, in my mind thats not great. Sky Sports is a massive platform but they sign with BT when they haven't even got the channels up and running yet, so who knows what viewing figures etc will be like... I see the BT thing being like Setanta was over here, people won't be paying for this and Sky Sports for the football, Sky still has dominance in that area so BT are pinning their hopes on the UFC and sports that are mostly niche sports in the UK.

Wonder if people with Sky will even be able to get the UFC related channel? If not, oh dear.

Personally think Gary Cook has dropped the ball on this one. If they wanted to expand in the UK, why didn't they push for Sky Sports?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Wrong move for a sport trying to grow.
    BT Vision has already flopped has it not so what makes them think this will work any different to what Setanta did in the UK??
    Viewing figures are about to drop in the UK

BT have won the rights to the English Premiership & the rights to the Rugby, now UFC.

They recently purchased ESPN, they are chucking everything at the TV side of things just now.

Guys, hold your horses!

They know what they are doing they have a good selection of events signed up and will no doubt add to this.

It's hard to form an overall opinion on this until all the details come out but if we get all UFC events that are around our timezone then that should be pretty good along with extra content involving UK/Euro guys.

So long as it is available to all Virgin Media and Sky customers and is a reasonable price then I cant see it being bad
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post

So long as it is available to all Virgin Media and Sky customers and is a reasonable price then I cant see it being bad
    I have just spoke to sky, they are still in the dark as to whether they will be offering the channel

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    I have just spoke to sky, they are still in the dark as to whether they will be offering the channel
    It will be available 100 percent dude, rather than through sky you will have to order directly from bt. This has been confirmed

virgin media still have no confirmation....

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    It will be available 100 percent dude, rather than through sky you will have to order directly from bt. This has been confirmed

virgin media still have no confirmation....

Considering ESPN is only a tenner I hope BT dont charge a stupid price for the channel

Thats the thing, if it is available, how much exactly are they going to charge to Sky customers, ESPN has pulled shitloads of channels etc and they only charged a tenner with similar programming to what BT is going to offer, I can't see BT sustaining 3 years of growth if they charge 10 upwards, if you don't negotiate with Sky you could already be paying upward of 40-50 a month (I never pay more than half price to be fair) so chucking on BT on top for 18 half decent footy games and the UFC would have to be a reasonable price, if BT are smart they will offer something like half price 12 months package if you pay up front, at least get some customers tethered to the idea.

Honestly think its the wrong move from the UFC though, BT isn't established, many have tried to outdo Sky and all failed, I just don't think MMA will bring the masses to BT and a couple of footy games won't either... Unless BT were offereing a bigger and better footy package, Sky will not lose many customers.

Plus it better be in HD, otherwise they can go fuck themselves anyway. BT as they stand are a bit shit - I did look at changing to them awhile ago, wasn't impressed by the packages, no cheaper than Sky with a lot less content. Plus a friend has it and she complains about the buffering at times - you have to be always connected to the web I believe with BT (may have changed as it was about 12 months ago I looked into it)

I'll be grabbing events off Usenet the next morning as usual I reckon unless they offer some serious bargains.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

as long as its roughly the same price as what ESPN was then this is great, BT have obviously said 'yes' to specific programming to go ahead as well, not just live events, UK could end up having its own weekly TV show dedicated to the UFC. Haters hating before its even on the freakin channel is crazy...