Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC sign with BT Vision Sports

You sat MMA isn't mainstream enough for Sky, did they not host UCMMA, Cage Rage prior to that and also Cage Fighter - the show for UCMMA content as well - pretty much what the UFC are doing with BT? I thought they would go to Sky noting Sky had cleared the rest of the MMA content of late, I presumed (wrongly) that is was to prepare for the UFC.. Sure there was some more MMA on Sky but having a brain fart here...

Ah I thought the Friday/Sat nights were live. Still, could have had some crossover effect, even Sat nights pull the WWE forward slightly to lead into MMA content instead of overlapping.

Ok, I shall give them 2 weeks - meet you half way! If by then, I have a BT box in every room and Sky has gone bust, I shall probably maybe ish kinda think you were maybe onto something...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Im waiting for the UFC to release the XBOX Live app in the UK. Its been out in the US forever and i believe once your subscribed you can stream all events content straight through your console.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    TUF UK possibly?

I was contemplating that but I don't see how it'd work... We don't have enough guys imo to make it good to watch anywhere other than the UK.. No UK fighters who have been in the UFC like Mills, Sass, Etim etc will be in it. Daley won't be allowed, pretty sure the likes of Wallhead won't bother, meaning that we'll have a select few of really good fighters and then a handful of not so good ones, plus it comes down to the weight they choose because we practically have no HW's or LHW's, but in regards to TUF format, you'd need a good few of one particular weight class to make it work. I don't know, comes down to personal opinion.

That article is only telling us what was already said a while back about the 5 or so UK events each year.

TUF would be a bonus but would all depend on the weight class and the countries involved. It wouldn't surprise me if they were to use someone like Conor McGregor to be a coach on a UK&Ire team. I'd be happy for 1 series a year of UK vs!
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    You sat MMA isn't mainstream enough for Sky, did they not host UCMMA, Cage Rage prior to that and also Cage Fighter - the show for UCMMA content as well - pretty much what the UFC are doing with BT? I thought they would go to Sky noting Sky had cleared the rest of the MMA content of late, I presumed (wrongly) that is was to prepare for the UFC.. Sure there was some more MMA on Sky but having a brain fart here...
    Maybes CageRage and UCMMA were a little taste of MMA for Sky, they evaluated the MMA market based on those 2 compaies and offered a (basic) deal to the UFC, A deal that of course would be HUGE for say a CageRage or UCMMA but too little for UFC to even consider, BT come along and throw some and agree to terms on extra programming/coverage and boom. Sky did just seem to drop UCMMA programming out of nowhere...

Evzy I'd love for it to be on sky sports, it just ain't happening anytime soon! Hopefully the BT deal does good ratings, gets them fully noticed by Sky and we get our wish!!

True dude, I just hope BT doesnt fluff it and...it means waiting 3 years anyway! Damn you Sky, I've got uber cheap sky sports at the moment as well grrr.... Ah well, time to reactivate the ole dreambox methinks!

Does the 2 weeks I have to give them start now by the way? If so, they suck so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I was contemplating that but I don't see how it'd work... We don't have enough guys imo to make it good to watch anywhere other than the UK.. No UK fighters who have been in the UFC like Mills, Sass, Etim etc will be in it. Daley won't be allowed, pretty sure the likes of Wallhead won't bother, meaning that we'll have a select few of really good fighters and then a handful of not so good ones, plus it comes down to the weight they choose because we practically have no HW's or LHW's, but in regards to TUF format, you'd need a good few of one particular weight class to make it work. I don't know, comes down to personal opinion.
    Well they have done a TUF before with guys who have been in the UFC already, I think it was TUF 4 "The Comeback" where Matt Serra went on to beat GSP so they could stack a UK TUF cast with some of the great guys they've let go over recent years & bill it as their way back to the Octagon.

Yeah was TUF 4, probably one of my favourite seasons as well that, wish they would do it again in fairness. Mikey whatisface smashing his head thru the wall...ah good times.