Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big BT sport news.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    It's funny how people make judgements when not seeing the facts. I said wait to see what the deal is before anyone starts saying how bad the deal is for the UFC/Consumer and BT seem to know what they are doing, funnily enough! ;-)

They were always going to play to their strengths and use the Broadband part for the Leverage that way they don't have to compete directly with Sky and can take the competition from smaller Broadband providers and target people that either have none or are due to switch
    True but... Not everyone is on BT, I'm still interested in seeing how much they will charge for non BT Internet users etc, granted its a cunning move for sure, though the other issue being if you are looking to now switch to BT - a lot of providers now run 18-24month contracts and people may find themselves stuck for some time etc.

Don't get me wrong, its a brilliant move, one I didn't see coming, though how much revenue it will generate for BT remains to be seen and lets see the viewing figures over the first 12-18 months as well, I still think Sky would have been the better option by a mile but being selfish as I have BT, this is good news for me Hmm, just thinking, I wonder if by taking up the offer if it ties you in further with BT broadband or not, I presume not but...I am gonna read the small print!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    True but... Not everyone is on BT, I'm still interested in seeing how much they will charge for non BT Internet users etc, granted its a cunning move for sure, though the other issue being if you are looking to now switch to BT - a lot of providers now run 18-24month contracts and people may find themselves stuck for some time etc.
    For non BT internet users on Sky it's 12pm, going up to 15 for HD.

Just seen as well, if you do take up the offer as a BT user, it extends your broadband contract for 12 months as well. Still, its free(ish) - Was just about to change to Talk Talk as they could have saved me 10 a month overall and matched my BT package, this way, I get BT sports and its a fiver cheaper than if I switched to Talk Talk and did it.. So its not exactly huge and for a lot of people may not be enough to encourage them to switch to BT (I would recommend them for heavy downloaders though, no FuP at all - I rack up 200-400gb a month at present) so...its a clever business move in fairness to get the brand out there to existing customers, not sure how much it will draw in new ones but hats off, didn't see that coming especially for free.

Just do what I do and watch ufc events on stream. Free.

To be honest, I grab them off Usenet in HD next morning and watch them with my mates on a Sunday usually, not even sure if the BT option is something I will use as my Sky box is in one room, I watch UFC on a projector in the other room, means hooking the Sky up to projector which is possible but means cables everywhere, still gonna be easier to download them, stick on usb and chuck onto media box in projector room...

they know that virgin wont let them charge so what's the hold up, yay or nay bt

Not sure what to do myself?

I have Virgin Broadband that has 5 months left to run and have Sky broadband which I need and Sky TV package.

I'm guessing the best thing would be to pay up Virgin (think its about 80 to end the contract now) and get BT Broadband for 15 which gives me the BT Sport channel, how does that work then if I have Sky TV and Broadband already?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    Not sure what to do myself?

I have Virgin Broadband that has 5 months left to run and have Sky broadband which I need and Sky TV package.

I'm guessing the best thing would be to pay up Virgin (think its about 80 to end the contract now) and get BT Broadband for 15 which gives me the BT Sport channel, how does that work then if I have Sky TV and Broadband already?
    wait dude, it could easily end up on virgin still anyway

Am I right in saying that there is also a 'one-off' payment of 15 to kick start things if your getting the channel put onto your sky box?

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    wait dude, it could easily end up on virgin still anyway
    Yeah but I am kind of wanting rid of Virgin, may swop Virgin Broadband for BT in that case as I pay over 25 for my Virgin Broadband and BT would be 15? Do you then need to pay the line rental or can you get without as I have a line in already with Sky?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!