Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big BT sport news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    For non BT internet users on Sky it's 12pm, going up to 15 for HD.
    Fighters Only are reporting 15 or 18 for HD? (for non-BT customers)

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...cing-and-plans

BT Sports is free for anyone who subscribes to BT Broadband at 10 or 15 per month. If the viewer doesn’t want BT Broadband, the channel can be obtained for 15 per month with a 3 supplment for HD. There will be three ways to access BT Sport programming - via BT Infinity, via a Skybox (whether or not you’re a Sky subscriber) and via BTSport.com
    I hope you're right, Jay!

Quote Originally Posted by purist View Post
    Fighters Only are reporting 15 or 18 for HD? (for non-BT customers)

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...cing-and-plans

I hope you're right, Jay!
    I'm going off this:

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

Take advantage of one of our great broadband deals and get BT Sport on Sky Digital Satellite Platform absolutely FREE.
    Order before the 1st of August for free HD for a year Choose a BT Broadband and BT Sport package

Alternatively, add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for 12 a month plus a one-off 15 activation fee. One month minimum term.

pretty sure it is 12 for SD and 15 for HD
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I'm quite disappointed personally.

I recently binned off Sky for a subscription free PVR system. I also have non ADSL broadband.

So, it will cost me about 30 a month PLUS installation charges for systems I don't really want for anything other than UFC if I want to watch legally. Considering I was told that the whole idea of the new TV deal would be to make the programming more accessible, I think they've really dropped a bollock here. Such a shame.

I'm holding out some small hope to see what the details of the BTSport App are. If it's reasonabily priced for non BT Broadband customers, AND offers the ability to watch events the next day then there's still a chance they'll get some money from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    I'm quite disappointed personally.

I recently binned off Sky for a subscription free PVR system. I also have non ADSL broadband.

So, it will cost me about 30 a month PLUS installation charges for systems I don't really want for anything other than UFC if I want to watch legally. Considering I was told that the whole idea of the new TV deal would be to make the programming more accessible, I think they've really dropped a bollock here. Such a shame.

I'm holding out some small hope to see what the details of the BTSport App are. If it's reasonabily priced for non BT Broadband customers, AND offers the ability to watch events the next day then there's still a chance they'll get some money from me.
    I get this you're gutted this doesn't fit your particular circumstances but you can't say this isn't a great move towards making the UFC more accessable.
    It was on ESPN a subscription only sports channel, now it will be free to a number of customers who have BT broadband, I'm assuming like myself a number of people will be switching over for the free sports package.
    Fair enough a lot of them will be switching over for the football but many mght give MMA a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    I get this you're gutted this doesn't fit your particular circumstances but you can't say this isn't a great move towards making the UFC more accessable.
    It was on ESPN a subscription only sports channel, now it will be free to a number of customers who have BT broadband, I'm assuming like myself a number of people will be switching over for the free sports package.
    Fair enough a lot of them will be switching over for the football but many mght give MMA a watch.
    Most people are on virgin or sky so it alienates the two biggest tv suppliers. Virgin aired espn for free so now im gonna have pay an extra 15 pounds a month and thats only if virgin and bt come to a agreement
    3-5-1

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    You have a point. I guess I was just expecting a bit more. I assumed it would be a deal with Sky Sports (with maybe FOX thrown into the mix) and I was hoping that it would be on a truly free channel.

The biggest explosion in MMA in the UK was thanks to the UFC deal with Bravo. In terms of accessibility, the BT Sport deal falls short, by quite a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmjohn2000 View Post
    Most people are on virgin or sky so it alienates the two biggest tv suppliers. Virgin aired espn for free so now im gonna have pay an extra 15 pounds a month and thats only if virgin and bt come to a agreement
    Well, most people are on Sky (by a few million) and Sky customers can get it for 12/15pm, or for free if they have BT broadband, so they're not alienated at all.

I imagine they will strike a deal with Virgin. That was good to get ESPN for free before, but that was a privilege rather than a right. Most had to pay. Plus there's a lot more on offer from BT Sport it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    You have a point. I guess I was just expecting a bit more. I assumed it would be a deal with Sky Sports (with maybe FOX thrown into the mix) and I was hoping that it would be on a truly free channel.

The biggest explosion in MMA in the UK was thanks to the UFC deal with Bravo. In terms of accessibility, the BT Sport deal falls short, by quite a way.
    Bravo didn't even show live events, missed fights out and was generally poor coverage, all that being said, if the UFC had never been on bravo it would of taken me a few more years to get to see it I guess