Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Big BT sport news.

Quote Originally Posted by Grake View Post
    Bravo didn't even show live events, missed fights out and was generally poor coverage, all that being said, if the UFC had never been on bravo it would of taken me a few more years to get to see it I guess
    Setanta and ESPN also cut fights (didn't we miss some of the Dan Hardy fight recently because of NBA or something?). I hope BTSport will be better, but we've no guarantees. I also don't think that live shows really make it more accessible either. We hardcore fans might want to watch it live at stupid-o-clock or the moment we wake from a recording, but for the casual fan or channel surfer, I think having it on primetime the night after will increase the fanbase far faster.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

As a Virgin customer I have shrugged my shoulders, if it's free like ESPN win, if it isn't I just wont subscribe
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    As a Virgin customer I have shrugged my shoulders, if it's free like ESPN win, if it isn't I just wont subscribe
    True 15 pounds a month for a average of two ufcs events a month is still good compared to having to pay 60 dollars per ppv.
    3-5-1

Hi

rang bt yesterday and basically need a new phone line installing from scratch, broadband and sports channel and BT Vision box - they said that for 12 months I can get this all for 26 (or thereabouts a month) ?? trawelled through all the usual moneysaving sites/forums and I think this really is a good deal !

Don't quote me but I am going to call BT tomorrow and get signed up. Sky are charging me 38 a month for all channels with sports minus HD and no broadband/house phone/line.. (got my sky box activated with no house phone through them) ...

Maybe sounds too good to be true but will call them tomorrow. Thoughts anyone?

One thing about Sky, tell them you are leaving, wait til about the day before your contract expires (you have to give them 30 days notice) and ask what they will offer you to stay, I always end up on 50% off, the one time I didnt I actually went through with it and cancelled, waited a few weeks, called up and got 6 months total package movies n sports etc for free - no tie in period etc after that, if I wanted HD I just paid the 10 or so per month and that was it for the full hit.

I havent paid full price for Sky since Fred Flintstone installed it.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Rang bt today - got it in writing via email.

26 per month for all this : - for a phone line (and installation - this usually isn't cheap from scratch), 10gb internet access, and bt sports and espn sports channel plus whatever else channels as standard..

Sky also do my head in as they make eurosport fall under another package to the normal sports package - ok eurosport is not amazing and i believe it's a "free" channel in europe and certainly used to be on old school sky but that's not the point.

Anyway will shut up now as this is a mma forum !

Id go through 10 gig in less than a week bro, im a massive geek but just saying. If you start streaming programs etc that sort of data is eaten up quickly

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    Id go through 10 gig in less than a week bro, im a massive geek but just saying. If you start streaming programs etc that sort of data is eaten up quickly
    I 2nd that.

I used to have BT internet and found it unreliable. The worst thing is the customer service. You phone up and tell them in minute detail what the problem is then just get an Indian bloke shouting "turn it off and turn it on again".
    www.bloodyrevolution.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    My average monthly usage is about 2-300gb on a slow month BT are the only provider I can get who offer truly unlimited usage where I live, no fibre optic here
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.