Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Mir vs Josh Barnett - UFC 164.

Default Frank Mir vs Josh Barnett - UFC 164.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/29...er-heavyweight

11 years in the making it may be, are the UFC trying to get rid of Mir?...

Barnett will handle him imo and that'll be his 3rd straight loss.

Personally, this is the most appealing HW fight in UFC history.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Barnett via smash.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPerry View Post
    Really... appealing?... Can you elaborate.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

this bout had a best before date of about 2009. not to worry, they will still put on an impressive match.

anyone calling out Frank who isn't called Josh, needs to call out someone less shop-worn if they are earnestly seeking to reach the upper echelons of the hw division imo
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I honestly believe we'll see Barnett fighting for the title, I think he'll beat Mir who's currently #7 in the UFC, then if he gets Nelson #5 or even someone like Dos Santos he could grapple fuck them, providing he steers clear of Cormier if he remains a HW, I wouldn't be surprised to fight Cain.

Meh this isn't even the best HW fight of this year so far, I was more pumped for JDS v Hunt than this, two past it HW's shuffling about to hold their place in the division, neither will hold the gold from here on. Plus as much as I like Barnett's personality, he is a dirty cheater of the highest order who also killed him v Fedor and Affliction with it, I can't cheer him on to be honest, Mir is past his best, its a nothing fight for me this. JDS or Cain would wreck either of them.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I'd like to see Barnett vs JDS, I think he could out grapple JDS but not Cain.

Hmmm, I think JDS is too fast for Barnett and could probably put him away. I just think Barnett is not the fighter he was several years ago, granted he can cut a great promo but other than Kharitonov, he hasn't fought and beaten a decent fighter since probably 2006, I honestly don't think he is top tier, he sells himself as such and a lot of people buy it but really, he is not an elite fighter in my eyes.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Several years ago when boths guys were in their prime I'd have agreed.
    Then Mir had his motorbike accident, decided he needed to bulk up & become a striker.
    Barnett meanwhile has managed to hang on in there despite fighting nobodies & positive steriod tests.

What should have been a amazing ground battle will no doubt be a sloppy kickboxing fight.