Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: good read on TRT / Befort career resurgence

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default good read on TRT / Befort career resurgence

Right off we might as well talk about it.

Why not? We're thinking about it, whether we want to admit it or not. How could we not be, when it's right there staring us in the face?

Vitor Belfort pulls off an amazing spinning heel kick against Luke Rockhold at UFC on FX 8, then declares that he's "stronger than ever," and it's like he's begging us to talk about it. On the broadcast we hear references to his impressive career turnaround, and it feels like they're hinting at the things they can't or don't dare say.

Or maybe they aren't. At least not intentionally. Maybe it's a Freudian slip, or no slip at all. Maybe it's just that when you get an elephant this big in a room this small and when that elephant keeps stomping on the heads of all who come near it anything you say feels like it's either directed right at the damn thing or else conspicuously avoiding mention of it.
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...e-a-good-thing
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

lolz @ Befort
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

haha like the way they throw Overeem under a bus as an aside.

this bit seems a tad sensationalist:

'That's the mark of someone who's lost touch with reality: an ego inflated by steroids and testosterone shots as much as by dominance in the middleweight division'

Like Luke Rockhold put....

TRT doesn't teach you to kick, nor does it teach me to keep my hands down.

'you see, when i was young, i was very strong and aggressive. i recovered from training very quickly, it was awesome. getting older, those attributes faded a bit. don't matter though. it's legal for me to inject this stuff in my ass. you wouldn't believe how much better i feel. those other guys who aren't using this stuff are crazy! I'm gonna smoke those old dudes and prolly most of the youngsters as well lol. tell me this is a bad thing? i've never been so happy, get out of my way '

"We'd rather watch and enjoy and be awed by these finishes that look like something out of a video game"

This is a straight up lie.

Never seen any fight more overshadowed by something else, rather than the fight, in my life.

Seen more threads last couple of days on TRT than his spinning heel kick.

Which was one of the best I've ever seen.

why dont they just ban TRT?

What is the UFC's stance on TRT nowadays?

I remember a while ago Dana ranting about getting it out of MMA, but since then he has gone quiet. Perhaps seenhow many fighters are on it?

Could possibly help you kick quicker/harder though, which could have a direct impact on how effective the kick is/amount of time you have to put your hands up/move out of the way.

At the end of the day, the vast majority would take an unfair advantage if there was no risk of getting caught though. Especially when they KNOW people they are competing against already have the advantage. Doesn't make it right but is it really fair to single out Belfort/Reem etc when it's obvious this is going on with other fighters who are just lucky enough to get away with it thus far.