Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UKs Martin Stapleton, Rob Sinclair and Paul Sass sign for Bellator:

Default UKs Martin Stapleton, Rob Sinclair and Paul Sass sign for Bellator:

UK's Martin Stapleton, Rob Sinclair and Paul Sass sign multi-fight deals with Bellator FC.

LINK:
    http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...n-for-bellator
    The Fight Lounge - Journalist/Writer/Editor - www.thefightlounge.co.uk

3 of the top UK LW's and glad they getting the chance, well done fellas

Well done to these guys, all well deserved especially Stapes & Sinclair who have not had a taste of the big shows
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect

Well done guys.
    www.manchester-mma.com

Great news. Well done.
    MMA RULES East Coast Fight Factory show dates 2014
    7th June - 4th Oct - 15 Nov - Fighters Wanted
    NEW ECFF WEB @ www.ecff.co.uk

great news but I really hope they wont be shelved & fight once a year
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

Rob is scheduled to fight in September, which ties in with the start of season 9.

The press release hints at a tourney run for Stapes, and Sass is said to be "featured prominently with Bellator over the coming months, including a possible tournament appearance in 2014". So we could potentially see both of those guys fighting in one-off bouts in the Summer Series. Stapes is still fighting on OMMAC according to Chris Zorba though.

With Bellator looking at potentially doing a couple of shows over here next year too, I can't see any of them being shelved.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

2 of them will be in a 8 man LW tourny including also at least 1 ex UFC fighter
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

It wouldn't surprise me that he finishes his commitments with OMMAC before signing exclusively. Both guys being at Kaobon and squaring off should be fun.

Putting the pieces together, I'd assume that it would be Stapes and Sinclair going into a Season 9 LW tourney (Sass is being considered for a tourney in 2014). Keeps the Kaobon lads apart. Stapes vs Sass would have been interesting though, A) because of the Kaobon connection and B) because Sass handed Stapes his only pro loss.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.