Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Demographics of the Board

Default Demographics of the Board

I was somewhat surpised that no-one has posted about yesterday's news that British pro wrestling legend Mick McManus death was announced yesterday. Every WWE wrestler who dies seems to get a mention on here.

I guess it tells us something about the age profile of the regular posters on the forum
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

I gave him an RIP on Twitter, bit too old for all the WWE thing Saturday Grandstand was more my era

I wasn't even aware of this!!... Rest in Peace Mick.

I wouldn't have know if my wife hadn't told me it had been on the news. Then I googled it. I was surpised to see he was over 90 though. I thought he was about 10 years younger than that
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 23-05-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

93 is a good age, considering what he put his body through, he had a good innings.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i have heard of him and would have loved to watch him perform, but i was too young. thanks John, it's not often i get to say that these days. please keep with this and talk about things like gas-fired street lamps.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Just recently read a book all about the old itv British wrestling called "the wrestling" it was an interesting read. McManus was a big star in his day. Shows you the difference between the old uk wrestling and the us wrestling that followed it, the steroid freaks are dropping dead and McManus lived to 90.
    Fuck no-gi

a/s/l ?????
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

This is the first I've heard of it as well.
    Most I know about him comes from Simon Garfield's book as he wasn't that involved in Saturday afternoon wrestling by the time I was watching, more the Big Daddy/ Giant Haystacks era.

Did a lot for the sport in this country, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    i have heard of him and would have loved to watch him perform, but i was too young. thanks John, it's not often i get to say that these days. please keep with this and talk about things like gas-fired street lamps.
    LOL I'm not quite that old but when I was a toddler we did have a bloke coming to the house selling vegetables door to door from a horse and cart. I also just about remember poice cars with bells rather than sirens. Althiough come to think of it, unless I'm mistaken, Hanwell railway station (West London) still had gas lamps up until the mid 70s. (I grew up in Slough and it's on the mainline to Paddington. I'm not that much of an anorak)

Back on topic, McManus was a classic heel style wrestler and one of his gimmicks was to have a bit of a mini tantrum if an opponent grabbed his ears. Mind you having seen a few nasty cauli ears when I trained in MMA, maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick.