Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demographics of the Board

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    We seem to be going off topic, but as we are, I will mention a conversation I had recently with someone. I told them I remember someone being jailed for being gay as it was illegal up until about 1965 I think and they thought I was joking but its for real!
    how long did you get put away for Mike

I once served the Irish wrestler dude in a cafe I worked in as a kid, can't think of his name now, paddy something or shamrock something or clover something or guiness something probably. Thems were the days of giant haystacks and big daddy, two fat old gits belly bumping - oh how wrasslin has changed!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I think the decriminalisation of homosexuality was either 1967 0r 1968 under the Sexual Offences Act (Technically not legalisation because homosexual acts could still be illegal under certain circumstances). Suicide was alo a crime until 1961 or 1963; and betting shops weren't legal until around 1961
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I once served the Irish wrestler dude in a cafe I worked in as a kid, can't think of his name now, paddy something or shamrock something or clover something or guiness something probably. Thems were the days of giant haystacks and big daddy, two fat old gits belly bumping - oh how wrasslin has changed!
    It could have been Dave 'Fit' Finlay whos's recently been in WWE
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    I think the decriminalisation of homosexuality was either 1967 0r 1968 under the Sexual Offences Act (Technically not legalisation because homosexual acts could still be illegal under certain circumstances). Suicide was alo a crime until 1961 or 1963; and betting shops weren't legal until around 1961
    Not sure how long the guy was put away for as I was only about ten at the time but am sure it was over a year. Always amused me about suicide in them days, if you managed it how long would they put you in jail for doing it.LOL
    Mike "the mic" Persil

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Not sure how long the guy was put away for as I was only about ten at the time but am sure it was over a year. Always amused me about suicide in them days, if you managed it how long would they put you in jail for doing it.LOL
    yeah that suicide thing is crazy. so failed suicide bids would result in people go to prison to have a long hard think about the reasons they want to stay alive... confined with criminals, basic food, no privacy, no access to fun things and limited time spent outside their cell. that's really going to cheer people up and make them see life is worth living.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    It could have been Dave 'Fit' Finlay whos's recently been in WWE
    Hmmm dont think it was him, I am talking about 25 years ago almost now... I'll have a thunk!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

We seem to be going off topic, but as we are, I will mention a conversation I had recently with someone. I told them I remember someone being jailed for being gay as it was illegal up until about 1965 I think and they thought I was joking but its for real!
    Nothing says "don't have sex with men" quite like locking them up with lots of other sexually frustrated men.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Hmmm dont think it was him, I am talking about 25 years ago almost now... I'll have a thunk!
    Fit Finlay was around in the 70's - along with McManus and the other entertaining (?) greats as Kendo Nagasaki, Rollerball Rocco, Marty Jones, Giant Haystacks and the infamous Big Daddy.

Lol
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

BBC4 now - When Wresting was Golden........
    REFEREE with MMA Officials