Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hear the one about the HW who pissed his muscles away? (JDS)

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Hear the one about the HW who pissed his muscles away? (JDS)

flippant title, but this sounds very serious. this isn't an excuse for losing, this is a reason. blimey. if he and Cain stay undefeated in their next fights and meet again, would be epic.

He took a severe beating in losing his heavyweight championship to Velasquez via a five-round decision. The morning after the bout, his urine was a very dark brown, the color of Guinness Stout beer.

He wasn't urinating blood, as some fighters do after a grueling match. Rather, the brown coloration of his urine was due to rhabdomyolysis. His muscle fiber was breaking down and getting into the blood steam.

It is a treatable condition, but it can be fatal under certain circumstances. There are numerous causes, but one is extreme physical exercise. Dos Santos trained so fiercely that he was pushing his body well beyond its natural limits.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--uf...181312353.html
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Interesting read but if they fight again, I still feel Cain would just jab and shoot all night and beat him up on the ground.

fair enough he's a monster and i am tempted to agree. awesomeness of the match up is that JDS fans can also paint a very convincing picture of the outcome. *crosses fingers for future match up*
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

This is one of those trilogy fights that really needs to happen. Two fights, two massively different outcomes, two guys still in their primes.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

The rubber match needs to happen but i'd happily wait a while for it if it meant that Hunt got the win tomorrow and went on to fight for the title.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Whoever wins gets knocked out by Hunt!!!!

Then he gets submitted by Barnett :P
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Cain DEF Bigfoot
    Hunt DEF JDS
    Hunt DEF Cain

...It has to happen.

that would be sweet ^

i remember posting about how sad it was to see Hunt originally fighting on the UFC undercards, 'a massive draw in Japan eeking out his finished career'. how wrong could i have been. glad no-one remembers that, think i got away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    that would be sweet ^

i remember posting about how sad it was to see Hunt originally fighting on the UFC undercards, 'a massive draw in Japan eeking out his finished career'. how wrong could i have been. glad no-one remembers that, think i got away with it.
    Getting armbarred by McCorckle wasn't exactly the best start, eh? Good job they owed him another fight after that. The joy I experienced when he smashed Tuchscherer was off the charts.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

interesting that, just looked it up and it was his 6th loss in a row. all submissions except for the Manhoef KO. ha, and in between two of those MMA losses, he was tko'd by semmy. must be tricky to keep faith in yourself through that. good form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hunt