Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hear the one about the HW who pissed his muscles away? (JDS)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    interesting that, just looked it up and it was his 6th loss in a row. all submissions except for the Manhoef KO. ha, and in between two of those MMA losses, he was tko'd by semmy. must be tricky to keep faith in yourself through that. good form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hunt
    He was going through some very serious personal issues at the time of those losses, and was completely, totally, rock-bottom skint. There was a point before he was with the UFC where he was trying to set up a website where fans could pay $80 to read his blog, and pay money for to call him or meet him. There was really long, rambling post he made about it...really difficult reading. Whatever happens from here, at least he's turned things around and made some decent money...just hope he's been smart with it this time.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

oh shit, didn't know anything about that. 'phone me' 0800 stuff is embarrassing.

here's a vid where JDS talks about Hunt

http://www.mmaweekly.com/junior-dos-...-ufc-160-video

if anyone watches this and can be arsed to summarize what he said, that would be very kind, can't watch it myself
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 24-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

theres a video somewhere from yesterday where Hunt states that his drive to fight and win is because he thinks he's the best fighter on the planet an people keep telling him he's not good enough.

can't find the video but it's a good watch.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Losing to McCorkle wasn't the best start but anyone who beat a prime Wanderlei Silva and a prime Mirko Cro Cop definitely deserved another chance lol.

At the media scrum yesterday Dana described Hunt's story as one of the best stories in the history of sport.

If he gets by Dos Santos and then wins the title i'd say we would have a story that would outshine the Rocky films!
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Seems like if jds wants to take him down and sub him then he could do so fairly easily. I think most people are pulling for hunt but I just have a feeling that jds will stand with him and tko him after hunt gasses. Hope I'm wrong.
    Fuck no-gi

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-boy View Post
    Seems like if jds wants to take him down and sub him then he could do so fairly easily.
    Noggles Noguiera agrees - and also calls him Hunto haha not sure that's a typo or a pride reference

“I think ‘Cigano’s’ ground game is the big difference in this fight, and he can take it. ‘Cigano’ and Hunt are two great strikers. Hunt has very heavy hands and is a great counterpuncher. ‘Cigano’ has to try to keep the fight at a distance, using his larger size, and go for the takedown when they’re in the clinch. ‘Cigano’ has a great game on the floor. This is his fourth camp with Ramon Lemos, who’s an excellent ground coach. I believe that taking Hunto to the ground is his great
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Min...os-Silva-52735
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Cain DEF Bigfoot
    Hunt DEF JDS
    Hunt DEF Cain

...It has to happen.
    if only it did , hunt looked like a rabbit in the head lights , no movement what so ever

Said he broke his toe ^

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Said he broke his toe ^
    If only there was a like button..