Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva claims BJ Penn is the best ever.

Default Anderson Silva claims BJ Penn is the best ever.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/6/26...s-its-b-j-penn

A fair comment.

Still going with Hendo

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Hendo is most rugged of all time.

it will be fascinating to see if anderson can win all the rest of his fights. he appears so unbeatable now, but that could change in one round.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I think Weidman beats him seriously... If he can get Anderson down, I don't see him getting up.

Time depends though, if Anderson wins and then retires it'll have a big point to argue.

On the flip side, GSP has 5-6 years on Anderson, if he remains unbeaten and even goes up to MW and beats some guys, it'll be the same thing. IMO to be the best ever you need to have done some amazing things and I think Hendo fighting at 4 different weight classes beating world class guys and winning world titles in 3 of them is at the top.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

something tells me GSP won't stick around as long as he could. he'll prolly bow out next time he gets KO'd.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Penn would still be the LW champion today if he wasn't train by his brother and mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I think Weidman beats him seriously... If he can get Anderson down, I don't see him getting up.

Time depends though, if Anderson wins and then retires it'll have a big point to argue.

On the flip side, GSP has 5-6 years on Anderson, if he remains unbeaten and even goes up to MW and beats some guys, it'll be the same thing. IMO to be the best ever you need to have done some amazing things and I think Hendo fighting at 4 different weight classes beating world class guys and winning world titles in 3 of them is at the top.
    BJ did this, fought LW, WW all the way up to LHW against machida who couldnt beat him. Took the title at LW and WW. Maybe the most naturally gifted fighter ever what let him down was his motivation to train as hard as the other guys imo

You dont get to be as good as BJ without training hard in the first place though, being 'naturally gifted' doesnt exist... He just didnt put the conditioning work or diet properly in the end.

As someone else said if he wasnt trained by his brother and surrounded by 'yes men' he could of done so much more!

Gotta say Anderson is the GOAT really now.

BJ invested his money wisley and is now the richest fighter with a $20mill fortune so I can see why it must have been hard to motivate himself

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinstonChurchill View Post
    Penn would still be the LW champion today if he wasn't train by his brother and mates.
    Said this since he lost his title... Its a hell of a shame. Dude would still be a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    BJ invested his money wisley and is now the richest fighter with a $20mill fortune so I can see why it must have been hard to motivate himself
    That's a good point, I've followed things like this closely and I'm impressed with what some people do with it...

■#1: B.J. Penn Net Worth – $20 Million (Family money, + RVCA, gyms, books)

This is interesting...

■#4: Chuck Liddell Net Worth – $13 Million (Has highest UFC career earnings @ $4.3 million)