Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Haye vs Fury

I don't think he will. I think he will try to get him out of there as fast as he can like he did with that brutal stoppage of Enzo Maccarinelli

This is going to be a good night
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Fury shows his youth determination and pure fighting spirit to knock Haye down and possibly stop him between round 6 and 8

His only chance is to fight a dirty orrible fight like he did against Cunningham! Haye has far better footwork and is excellent at closing the gap, landing his shots and and getting out of the pocket. It will be far harder fight for fury and haye punches alot harder as well. There is only 1 winner imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    His only chance is to fight a dirty orrible fight like he did against Cunningham! Haye has far better footwork and is excellent at closing the gap, landing his shots and and getting out of the pocket. It will be far harder fight for fury and haye punches alot harder as well. There is only 1 winner imo

Who has Haye beat? nobody. Fury has taken all the risks wish he got more respect. Dont get me wrong I think Haye is great for boxing but is very over rated at hw. A man his size would be able to flatten Haye all he needs is one opportunity and David will be waking up to himself on the front page of the Sun looking dazed. Remember you all saying Price is amazing and look where he is now will any of you ever grow to like Tyson or has he rubbed you all up the wrong way?
    Last edited by Babycakes; 25-07-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Who has Haye beat? nobody. Fury has taken all the risks wish he got more respect. Dont get me wrong I think Haye is great for boxing but is very over rated at hw. A man his size would be able to flatten Haye all he needs is one opportunity and David will be waking up to himself on the front page of the Sun looking dazed.
    Who has haye fought? He was unified cruiser weight champ so he he clearly beat the best guys in the division like mormeck. He's a tiny hw, who stopped Ruiz and generally beat every other hw at a canter (except vlad). He's still the only guy in the division, in my opinion, who can beat a klitschko.

Haye is under rated if anything, partly his fault of late as he is relying on his power so much. He's quick, explosive, has great foot work and power, techniclly he is an excellent boxer! Only in this country would fans dig him out for not beating a big dominant hw who is naturally about 3 stone heavier and 5-6 in taller. I know it doesn't translate the same but the size difference is similar to that of Jon jones to gsp ! And once again the guy he is fighting has do many physical advantages.

Who exactly has fury beat? He should have been dq in the last fight imo! He's certainly not good for British boxing! I'll get behind his cousin hughie when he starts moving up the ladder, but I can't bring myself to support Tyson, he's an embarrassment yo the sport in this country

Fury beat a prime unbeaten Dereck Chisora and has beaten Steve Cunningham he uses the tools he has cant fault him for that and no point talking about size difference its the Heavyweight division if small guys don't like it they can move down. Dont get me wrong you speak a lot of sense but I just think Tyson is young enough to go places no English heavyweight has gone before and rule the division for maybe even 10 years.

His little cousin is far more naturally technically gifted than Tyson, more mobile and almost as big. Far too early to predict his career and we don't know how durable he is yet! If he reaches his early promise he could be one hell of a fighter! Tyson will not be the fighter you want him to be, you can only get so far with heart and durability. His size and length is the reason he is where he is. Even if he beats haye, he can't beat vlad! He has no physical advantages over him and klitschko dies everything better and is far quicker!

As for beating a prime Del Boy, he is a limited fighter just tough as nails. And as for using his tools against Cunningham, a stronger ref would've taken points off of him, he was fighting right on the edge if the rules and the ko was more mma than boxing

Cunningham was 1-3 in his last 4 before he fought Tyson, and he's a blown up heavyweight. That win really holds no weight.
    You know when you've been gripped

Valid point though imo he beat adamek in the fight before fury. It also had to be said that he is no ko artist either yet he stuck fury on his arse. I think he's a good fighter but he is not a hw! Haye however is a quicker, more explosive, much bigger puncher and larger cruiserweight/ heavyweight than Cunningham! For this reason I would be absolutely stunned to even see fury last the distance let alone win the fight. Haye won't let him lean, hold and use the dirty tricks of furys last fight. I know there's a few in here not really interested in this fight (or boxing as a whole) but I am pumped for this fight