Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Haye vs Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Fury beat a prime unbeaten Dereck Chisora and has beaten Steve Cunningham he uses the tools he has cant fault him for that and no point talking about size difference its the Heavyweight division if small guys don't like it they can move down. Dont get me wrong you speak a lot of sense but I just think Tyson is young enough to go places no English heavyweight has gone before and rule the division for maybe even 10 years.
    Chisora fought Fury after Wladimir Klitschko pulled out twice against him, first time due to injury and the second to take the Haye fight. Chisora was not fit that night and was terrible. Chisora was definitely not in his prime either. If Chisora cared like he did against Helenius he would have beaten Fury.

That was Chisora's worst loss because it is a fight he should have won, had he applied himself right. Lots not forget John Mc Dermott was absolutely robbed blind against Fury because Terry O' Conner was blind as a bat that night and should never be allowed to judge after that robbery.

Also, how can you say Chisora was in his prime. He has no power or speed, so judging whether Chisora is in his prime or not is complete nonsense. He is a fighter who relies on outworking you, grinding you down and frustrating you by being so durable. He has skill alright but his durability is what makes him a fighter.
    Last edited by Briano; 26-07-2013 at 07:58 PM.

There is a awful lot of posters who may be left red faced when Tyson delivers.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Briano View Post
    Chisora has no power.
    I know for a fact that is not correct
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

There is a awful lot of posters who may be left red faced when Tyson delivers.
    That's probably not gonna happen though! He has a punchers chance, nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    That's probably not gonna happen though! He has a punchers chance, nothing more
    I just don't get how so many are backing Haye Tyson is undefeated before Haye you all used to bum David price saying oh sexy Davids gonna kill Tyson heas a much better fighter etc etc etc well sorry but the majority was wrong just like the majority will be wrong again when David chokes and Tyson out boxes him and out works him. Id love to see more get behind Tyson sure he can be a bit loud but his wife and trainer come across as very very genuine nice people and I think a few are Gonna be shocked after this fight.

All well and good but simply put his technique is not exactly world class, he can't even use his jab properly...

Haye will snot him silly.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I just don't get how so many are backing Haye Tyson is undefeated before Haye you all used to bum David price saying oh sexy Davids gonna kill Tyson heas a much better fighter etc etc etc well sorry but the majority was wrong just like the majority will be wrong again when David chokes and Tyson out boxes him and out works him. Id love to see more get behind Tyson sure he can be a bit loud but his wife and trainer come across as very very genuine nice people and I think a few are Gonna be shocked after this fight.
    I as well as most boxing fans would have price and fury around the same level, good domestic fighters and no more. I never stated price would smash fury, i think its a vlose fight. he's too delicate and can't react in a positive way when hit, similar to audley! Price is a better boxer than fury, technically very good and has the same natural physical attributes. Where as fury has heart and durability but is an orrible boxer! Love him or hate him wlad had everything you need to be a top hw which is why he has been so successful.

Once tysons had his spanking id love to see price vs fury, cus it will be a pickem fight in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    I as well as most boxing fans would have price and fury around the same level, good domestic fighters and no more. I never stated price would smash fury, i think its a vlose fight. he's too delicate and can't react in a positive way when hit, similar to audley! Price is a better boxer than fury, technically very good and has the same natural physical attributes. Where as fury has heart and durability but is an orrible boxer! Love him or hate him wlad had everything you need to be a top hw which is why he has been so successful.

Once tysons had his spanking id love to see price vs fury, cus it will be a pickem fight in my opinion
    Fury is way past Price much bigger draw he is getting pretty big in America and his future looks bright. I dont dislike price its just them losses killed his credibility.

So if fury loses to haye then he's lost all his credibility has he? Almost everyone loses at some point, that's part and parcel of the sport.
    Both have problematic flaws, prices is durability and furys is boxing ability. On top of that he's not very mobile, gets hit too easily and doesn't use his range as well as he could and is slow! He's got a lot heart and large nuts though, else he wouldn't have asked for a fight against a guy who stylistically is a horrible matchup. And even if he does shock everyone in September he won't beat klitschko. He does absolutely everything better than fury and is physically stronger so won't be bullied. He most certainly won't dominate or in my opinion even hold a credible version of the belt. And this in a time when the talent pool in the hw division is as bad as its ever been.

British boxing is going through a real purple patch at the moment and looks bright over the next few year with many possible top class fighters. This guy doesn't deserve to be championed as the future of British boxing when there are so many more talented fighters currently fighting in this country. We'll see come fight night

I have a horrible feeling that this show is gonna get cancelled.

Where is the promotion? Nothing is being done to promote PPV sales!

I think someone is injured.

I will probably cry if I am correct. I am looking forward to my first major boxing show live.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.