Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Unlicensed'

Hybrid View

Default 'Unlicensed'

The public must be getting the wrong impression when a boxing show is ‘unlicensed’. I know people who instantly think of some kind of bare knuckle, back street thing.
    I have worked a lot doing BBU and IBA shows and found that they are totally professional and safe but are ‘unlicensed’ as the public would know.
    It hardly seems right that ‘unlicensed’ actually means not licensed by the BBBoC as they are licensed by other boards and not necessarily an ‘underground’ thing.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Well people get the wrong impression about 'pro' MMA fighters when unskilled old midgets get their head smashed in but it never stopped you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Well people get the wrong impression about 'pro' MMA fighters when unskilled old midgets get their head smashed in but it never stopped you.
    So you agree that its the wrong perception. I think. What could be done about it? Anybody anything constructive to say?
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Fucking golden
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Sledge, don't beat around the bush, say whats on your mind fella.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

So the irony of you creating a bad impression of our beloved sport and then whinging about another sport is lost then.

Frankly I don't give a shite what people think of unlicensed boxing. And if you are associating yourself with them then that's just great.

So the irony of you creating a bad impression of our beloved sport and then whinging about another sport is lost then.

Frankly I don't give a shite what people think of unlicensed boxing. And if you are associating yourself with them then that's just great.
    These are my thoughts along with my other posts in this thread.

I have said in previous posts that I don't hate Mike in any way. Hating him would actually mean I really give a shit about what he does.

I admire him for stepping into the cage as I would with anyone but there is a fine line between courage and stupidity and he crossed it on a regular basis. Even as far as I would say he was being used by promoters who should have known better. If someone is unable to make a sensible decision on his own he needs to be protected from his own stupidity.

Mike could very easily have ruined the years of hard work we as long time MMAers have put in. If he had been severely injured or even worse killed and then his training back ground was discovered we as a sport would have been looked upon as group of thugs who throw retards into a cage and allow them to get battered for nothing more than a few quid and a laugh.

And yes if Mike wants to try to forge a career in MMA by working as an MC then who am I to stand in his way. It is how I started after all. I see it like this. If any promoter is daft enough to have Mike MC his show then he deserves everything he gets.

I object to the way he started this thread just to draw attention to himself and his MC services. This thread is no more than a dressed up advert for his low rank services.

I pointed this out several times.

Anybody care about 'unlicenced' boxing then?
    Don't forget thats where alot of MMA guys start out?
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Anybody care about 'unlicenced' boxing then?
    Don't forget thats where alot of MMA guys start out?
    Is it fuck. You show your ignorance with this statement. I'm sure there is a few guys doing MMA who had an unlicensed boxing bout first but it is certainly not 'a lot'.

Is it fuck. You show your ignorance with this statement. I'm sure there is a few guys doing MMA who had an unlicensed boxing bout first but it is certainly not 'a lot'.

Is This the topic of a new thread coming on!
    Mike "the mic" Persil