Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 'Unlicensed'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    LMFAO at that.
    It wasn't meant to be funny. You must have been hit in the head too much and too hard for an ageing dwarf.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    It wasn't meant to be funny. You must have been hit in the head too much and too hard for an ageing dwarf.
    Why do you dislik3 this man so much?

What you trying to bully Mike for? Sledge man I only know what I read on here so if there is a history please forgive. But he was shit at mma so he quit and is now trying to get jobs in the sport so why try destroy him like this? Somebody gave you a leg up in to been a Ref and uv done pretty good at it and for that you have my respect. But I dont like this picking on Mike situation its looking border line bullying as lets face it the guy is hardly capable of sticking up for himself both verbally and physically.

And look man Im not trying to start any beef with you as in my eyes your a official but the way your giving him shit is just coming across as a bit harsh as no offence Mike i respected you for having a go but ya probs the most less physical guy on the forums. Anyway thats all iv got to say yea I speak to much but The guy quit fighting which is what you all wanted now please give him a break.

MMA is all about connections who you know etc and if your gonna keep knocking him down instead of trying to give him a leg up then as a person I cant respect any of you.

And small message to Mike just because iv stuck up for you do not think you can disrespect Sledge he has well established himself in this sport and is bigger then me or you will ever be.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 12-08-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

And small message to Mike just because iv stuck up for you do not think you can disrespect Sledge he has well established himself in this sport and is bigger then me or you will ever be.

Thanks for the above reply, and as you will see if you look back its not my style to disrespect others.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    So the irony of you creating a bad impression of our beloved sport and then whinging about another sport is lost then.

Frankly I don't give a shite what people think of unlicensed boxing. And if you are associating yourself with them then that's just great.
    These are my thoughts along with my other posts in this thread.

I have said in previous posts that I don't hate Mike in any way. Hating him would actually mean I really give a shit about what he does.

I admire him for stepping into the cage as I would with anyone but there is a fine line between courage and stupidity and he crossed it on a regular basis. Even as far as I would say he was being used by promoters who should have known better. If someone is unable to make a sensible decision on his own he needs to be protected from his own stupidity.

Mike could very easily have ruined the years of hard work we as long time MMAers have put in. If he had been severely injured or even worse killed and then his training back ground was discovered we as a sport would have been looked upon as group of thugs who throw retards into a cage and allow them to get battered for nothing more than a few quid and a laugh.

And yes if Mike wants to try to forge a career in MMA by working as an MC then who am I to stand in his way. It is how I started after all. I see it like this. If any promoter is daft enough to have Mike MC his show then he deserves everything he gets.

I object to the way he started this thread just to draw attention to himself and his MC services. This thread is no more than a dressed up advert for his low rank services.

I pointed this out several times.

I am inclined the agree with Babycakes. Whilst I agree that Mike has no business in the cage if he gets in that is his decision and if anything bad happens in the cage he is an adult and he is aware of what can happen. Regarding the negative media attention should anything happen I would place the blame firmly at the door of the promoters and match-makers who have mis-matched him.

As for slating him as an MC why do this? This just seems like bullying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post

Thanks for the above reply, and as you will see if you look back its not my style to disrespect others.

Im not on your side here the mans a guy I greatly respect and was very difficult for me to write that. Ps Sledge keep doing what your doing as in representing the sport in a great way which I admire would still buy you a pint if I came across you at a show.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 12-08-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSteroidsHere View Post
    I am inclined the agree with Babycakes. Whilst I agree that Mike has no business in the cage if he gets in that is his decision and if anything bad happens in the cage he is an adult and he is aware of what can happen. Regarding the negative media attention should anything happen I would place the blame firmly at the door of the promoters and match-makers who have mis-matched him.

As for slating him as an MC why do this? This just seems like bullying to me.
    Yea thats the only reason I commented heas a easy target. Im just thinking at least give him a run around job and see how he gets on free of charge.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 12-08-2013 at 09:53 PM.

LOL @ Sledge's comments on this thread.

All the best Mike but I think the MC'ing for MMA shows is pretty much tied up between a few very experienced, top quality MC's.