Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 'Unlicensed'

And yes if Mike wants to try to forge a career in MMA by working as an MC then who am I to stand in his way. It is how I started after all. I see it like this. If any promoter is daft enough to have Mike MC his show then he deserves everything he gets.

Contradication in terms I would have thought.
    I wouldn't knock what I havent seen myself !
    Wouldn't it be interesting if I was booked on a show where Sledge was the ref!
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Contradication in terms I would have thought.
    I wouldn't knock what I havent seen myself !
    Wouldn't it be interesting if I was booked on a show where Sledge was the ref!
    1 - No it is not. What have I told you about thinking. It's not your forte, much like fighting and MCing. Again you must have been hit in the head too hard and forgotten what contradiction means. The 2 statements are unrelated. a) if you want to do it go ahead b) I think you will be shite so if someone if daft enough to pay you then it is their fault. No contradiction there.
    2 - True I haven't seen you MC but if it is anything like your fighting techniques then I'm not holding my breath.
    3 - This would never happen. I only work on quality shows. But even if it did why would it be interesting? I am a professional and act as such. If you are not then I think this explains this thread.

Mike this thinly veiled attempt to advertise your service is poor at best. You also seem to need the last word in any situation so I am going to cut this off right now. I do not expect one of your poorly thought out replies.

You do what you want to do. I have no interest in you or any work you are capable of blagging. Anyone or any organisation I am associated with would never use you as it stands right now. So our paths should never cross. Who knows, after a few years and lots of practice you may develop MC skills. But you probably wouldn't know anything about that either having never practiced to acquire any martial arts skills.

Now jog on little man and leave the big people to deal with the serious business.
    Last edited by Sledge; 13-08-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Hey Sledge, gizza job!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I MC a few WC/Semi-pro/unlicensed boxing shows and just like every other fighting discipline the quality of the show varies from show to show. I work in MMA, Kickboxing, Mauy Thai and anything else you want to hire me for. I work every show I do to the best of my ability that way the promoter fighters and fans aren't disappointed and after 172 shows I am only just getting to the point where I am happy with how I perform. Yes Sledge that is a blatant advert for my services (where's my FB invite)

Mike if you stick at MC'ing (is that even a word), to be successful you need to learn be very diplomatic and restrict what you offer your opinion on, as promoters have to deal with a variety of different clubs and managers, they won't take a chance on MC's who poke holes in what they do or antagonise officials. It's important to make friends in this industry because you won't get anywhere without them.

i must admit though, it kind of annoys me when fighters retire and think that it's easy to start as an MC, I cant do what you do, what makes you think you can do what I do, a good MC is more than just the voice in the cage, he or she is the difference between a show running smoothly and being a success and a complete mess that no fan wants to go back to. It has taken me nearly 10 years to get to where I am and I am only just starting, so don't try and run too quickly, you have a lot to learn.

follow me on Face Book @ Stuart Allan
    Last edited by Stumac; 14-08-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Stuart it is a pleasure to invite another professional MC into the facebook group

The pleasures all mine mate thank you.

Iv been really thinking of doing the Ref course as its not looking like im going to be a name in the sport but understand the rules etc. Its a possibility for me nothing big just small shows etc see how it works out. Id actually fight as a part time fighter maybe 1 or 2 fights a year just to keep the motivation to train and see how I do on the small shows. Its just something that interests me not for money reasons but more for the buzz of knowing you are responsible for helping the 2 fighters entertain the crowd and keeeping them safe. Hope that was worded right. Not looking to burst on the reffin scene or anything lol we have more then enough capable quality refs at uk level.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Go do Marc Goddards course, though I have no intention of reffing its still something I would like to do, think the last time it was on that was within travelling distance I was away, never hear anything but great things about it. Be nice to have the insight he can give.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Marc's course won't turn you into a Referee or a judge but it will give you an excellent starting point. Marc will teach you how to understand the rules and how to implement them. After that its down to you, speak to promoters, gyms and other officials about working for free on shows as a shadow judge or referee. Don't expect it to be easy because it won't be and only do it for the right reasons, meaning for the sport, if you do it for ego you will end up a shit official.

if you are prepared to put in the work yourself and prove to others you have some level of dedication you should get on ok.

Thanks guys its something I fancy along with judging and Marks course is on my to do list wouldn't even think about trying to get involved without doing his course first. Sound advise thanks.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000