Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikey tiger poland legend

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    http://splitdecisionmmauk.com/2013/0...ourney-so-far/ his latest interview........thoughts???lol
    The greatest piece of mma journalism right here!

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    i showed up to work the other day to find he had blagged a spot working on our door....i swiftly informed him he wouldnt be paid and would be working here again. He decided to stay and work for free. I had him look after the toilets
    Are you serious ? lol

He isnt a member of tsg. He just started coming down to train. He wants to get better so we will see what happens not holding my breath though

Warrrrrr mikey tiger!
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    To be fair to the lad at least he is having a go. And why would you tell him he is not getting paid for working a shift that sounds a bit harsh unless he has messed up big time before.
    It's the fact that he lied to everyone, stole a title belt and ran off,with over 600 I believe it was,of a promoters money with no intention of giving any back.
    Twitter @ricbrad

It's the fact that he lied to everyone, stole a title belt and ran off,with over 600 I believe it was,of a promoters money with no intention of giving any back.
    If a guy turns up for a shift he should be paid then bin him after the shift thats my opinion anyway. And fair play to Stav for giving the lad a gym to try improve himself at. I love underdogs lol.

Did he actually take the belt?

There's a lot more to that story than that, as far as I understand it.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    Did he actually take the belt?

There's a lot more to that story than that, as far as I understand it.
    That's all I heard brad.as far as i was aware there were a fair few people on the war path after him at one point,and those 2 reasons were mentioned
    Twitter @ricbrad

That's all I heard brad.as far as i was aware there were a fair few people on the war path after him at one point,and those 2 reasons were mentioned
    Ah righty. I know there were pictures of him holding the belt, as he'd been given it by the promoter and allowed to go in the cage and call out the guy he was supposed to fight that. Mikey took a lot of shit for that, but he should never have been given the belt in the first place IMO.

With the money thing, here's how I've heard it from a few people. I'm not saying that this is the truth, just what I've been told.

Mikey had an opponent who pulled out a day or two before the event. He'd taken something daft like 800 worth of tickets (not sure of the exact number). He'd paid for about 200's worth (either on weigh-in day or at some time before), which left 600 outstanding, which he was to pay on the day of the fight. The promotion had found a last minute replacement for Mikey, so the fight was assumed to be on.

On the day of the fight the replacement pulled out and no replacement could be found. The people who'd got tickets from Mikey were apparently mostly Polish folk who had traveled (from Scotland, if memory serves) just to see him fight. When he told them he wasn't fighting on the morning of the event, they didn't want the tickets any more. Mikey told the promoter he'd fight anyone (and knowing how often he turns up at places begging for fights etc, I tend to believe this) but was told it was too late, and that he owed the promoter 600 as his fans/mates hadn't bought the tickets.

Couple of things then - I'm not entirely sold that a big group of lads traveled that far and decided not to attend the show just because their mate wasn't fighting. Surely if you've traveled that distance, you still watch some fights as planned rather than just heading home or going out on the piss? Still, it's possible I guess.

Secondly though, *if* that little yarn is true, is it really all Mikey's fault? Would it not have been fair for the promoter to at least split the difference? It's their responsibility to provide the fight, but Mikey should have taken less tickets, or sorted the money out sooner.

I'm sure the truth falls somewhere in the middle of the two versions of events, but I think the "Mikey ran off owing 600" thing is a little strong. If he owed that money, why was he allowed to take pics with the belt and get into the cage to call someone out for the next show?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Whatever the truth is......He's an awesome troll! Best in the MMA business