Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Ommac 18 retribution card so far and matching sept 7th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    How about equality

Not all fights are filmed and certainly not for every angle
    So if it's not applied universally to every fight should it e to some

And what if the video shows what could be a tsp. opens up a can of wirms
    Why have you got problem with this decision so much? It doesn't affect your life in any way you wasn't the ref, you wasn't in the fight and you wasn't even at the Show. He tapped to the submission and then lied twice to Marc Goddards face when he asked if he had tapped. Ive got badly broken nose because of Gaz firms lie because it occurred after the tap so i took unnecessary punishment due him lying about not tapping that is probably going to stop me fighting for couple of months.. So people might call me biased but I think it's the right decision to overturn the result.
    Last edited by iandean; 11-09-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: edited broken code

Not sure why you are taking this personal, I have never named you once. And my issue isnt out of any loyalty to Gaz, I cornered against him in his first pro fight

My issue is that as an active official for over 8 years and one who hopes to be an official going forward I believe this decision to be both flawed and potentially damaging to our sport and if things like this are going to happen I believe it should explained why and a benchmark set. I couldn't care less about you personally (as I this could be any fighter)

Whilst I respect and often ask for advice and clarification from Mr Goddard when I have an issue to resolve I can also publically disagree with him. This is everyone's sport and if standards are going to be set from
    The top us in the middle can ask why

The only gripe I could think of is that in the NSAC rules submissions are deemed by a referee stoppage (in response to that tap/injury/unconsciousness) and not by the tap in itself, and a fighter himself judging a fight to be over. Referees often say 'fight until I tell you to stop', and this fight wasn't stopped for the submission.

http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/b...ERIA_01-13.pdf

SUBMISSIONS

1. The referee shall make it explicitly known to the fighters that severe injuries observed by the referee during the match due to a submission hold shall cause a stoppage to the match. The referee shall make it known to both fighters that they must take care to protect themselves from substantial and lasting injuries. If a fighter is placed into a submission hold that the fighter realizes is causing damage to the attacked body part of the fighter, the fighter can tap allowing the referee to stop the match.

2. Any fighter who is placed into a submission hold may attempt in any legal fashion to free themselves from the hold. The referee will closely observe the hold and the defending fighter’s position and actions. If the referee observes that during the submission the defending fighter suffers a dislocation, or break to the attacked limb, the referee shall call a halt to the match and declare the opponent of the injured fighter the winner of the match
    However, that's technical, and morally we know what the right course of action is. Adam got the tap and deserved the win. It was actually a really good fight and I'm sure both guys will go on to do well.

As Dave mentioned, there was plenty of controversy in this one starting from the weigh-ins, but I'm sure both guys would like to dust themselves off and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    I'd argue that missing a foul is a completely different kettle of fish - That situation introduces all sorts of variables. Would the fighter's performance have altered by the illegal blow? Would the opponent have fought differently had a point been taken? If the ref had spotted the foul, would it have led to a standing restart etc etc. The only fair result there is an NC, because any variable that missed foul introduced can't be retroactively removed from a fight that has already happened.

With a missed tap though, there is no variable. The fight would have ended. As long as the footage clearly shows the submission (I've not seen it, but I understand that it is visible beyond doubt), then I see no reason not to overturn the result.
    It could make a difference to the scores given, resulting in a draw, loss or even a DQ.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    As Dave mentioned, there was plenty of controversy in this one starting from the weigh-ins, but I'm sure both guys would like to dust themselves off and move forward.
    what happened at the weigh-ins?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    what happened at the weigh-ins?
    I had trouble making the weight. I apologised to Gaz and his Team for that and he also got 30% of my purse. So I am done talking about this fight and also we will probably fight again down the line and next time I won't be letting going till ref says stop or he's a sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    How about equality

Not all fights are filmed and certainly not for every angle
    So if it's not applied universally to every fight should it e to some

And what if the video shows what could be a tsp. opens up a can of wirms
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ventre View Post
    Why have you got problem with this decision so much? It doesn't affect your life in any way you wasn't the ref, you wasn't in the fight and you wasn't even at the Show. He tapped to the submission and then lied twice to Marc Goddards face when he asked if he had tapped. Ive got badly broken nose because of Gaz firms lie because it occurred after the tap so i took unnecessary punishment due him lying about not tapping that is probably going to stop me fighting for couple of months.. So people might call me biased but I think it's the right decision to overturn the result.
    I believe Adm missed weight

And Adam, as i said, i have no issue against you. Howerver the above statement is ridiculous. If you havge a broken nose and cant fight this is your fault and yours alone. All referees make it clear, and fighters know, that a fight ends when the referee says it ends, not when the fighter decides to let go of a submission because he feels the fight should be over.

Let your nose be a reminder to not make that mistake again. If you had of held the submission like you should have then chances are Marc would have spotted it and this wouldnt have happened.

No one is denying that you deserve the win, i just think you have screwed yourself over. If other people disagree then fair enough. Its nothing personal
    Last edited by iandean; 11-09-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: edited broken code

the weight shouldnt be an issue. Gaz accepted the fight so is what it is

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

hope the nose makes a good recovery
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

If the choke was on tight then he may well not have remembered tapping. To call him a liar is maybe a bit too harsh as anyone who has ever been choked out or to the point where you see the 'blurs', know that the mind can play tricks. I've been choked out drilling and didn't have a clue until I heard people asking if I am OK

What about the ring/cage side officials judges? Did any of them not see the tap?
    Over-turning this by video replay is a bit off in my opinion. What if the cameras where not there would someone get their mobile phone out? What about other shows that don't film the action.

Should have either been a No Contest but you could argue the result should have stood as the referee did not stop the fight. Ref's make mistakes and that's part and parcel of the sport. Just like football, how many 'clear' goals have not been allowed yet no results have ever been over-turned. Like that one against Man Utd. which was clearly about 5 feet past the goal line !!!