Thread: Fitness Qualifications

Default Fitness Qualifications

Following a conversation at work about circuit training I have begun to wonder what I would need to be able to run a circuit training session. Does anyone work in the fitness industry? Are there any recognised qualifications? Are there any to avoid?

I just did a quick google search and there are about a million different things you can do so if I do get off my arse and go for it I want to do one that is recognised.

Thnk its the YMCA that does main ones, may be wrong - though with them, the full PT course comes in about 2600 but you can get a government grant for it which you don't have to pay back until earning 20k or something around there..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Thnk its the YMCA that does main ones, may be wrong - though with them, the full PT course comes in about 2600 but you can get a government grant for it which you don't have to pay back until earning 20k or something around there..
    Thanks Evzy.

I've been looking at their website and all the courses I can find are listed at about 300 but you have to have a qualification first. Struggling to find details on that initial qualification. If it's around 2.5k though I won't be doing it anytime soon.

Give them a call, I did awhile ago, really helpful, I think if you do the big hit 2500 - that pretty much covers most bases, plus, anyone is eligible for the grant, just dont earn more than 20k or whatever and you'll never need to pay it back.

I'd have done it this month but it was either 3months every weekend or 6 weeks in the week, I couldnt get enough time off for it, may do it in the future when my job contract runs out before I take on another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Give them a call, I did awhile ago, really helpful, I think if you do the big hit 2500 - that pretty much covers most bases, plus, anyone is eligible for the grant, just dont earn more than 20k or whatever and you'll never need to pay it back.

I'd have done it this month but it was either 3months every weekend or 6 weeks in the week, I couldnt get enough time off for it, may do it in the future when my job contract runs out before I take on another one.
    Thanks again Evzy but it's too much for me right now. Not just the cost but the time involved. I was hoping I could get a certification to run a class of some description, like circuit training and move on from there if things worked out. This just seems like a big investment and I'm not in a position to be able to commit that much too it.

You should be able to, they offer loads of different ones, give them a call they will explain, really helpful bunch, think you may struggle to get a grant below a certain level though, but if thats not a concern anyway, hell, go for it!