Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgar vs. Faber

Default Edgar vs. Faber

Sorta snuck up on me this fight but now that it's nearly hear i cannot wait for it. Been wanting to see this fight since Faber was WEC champion and now it's here I cannot wait. I don't see how this could possibly be boring. Some decent(ish) fight on the card too.

Frankie Edgar (18-4-1) vs. Urijah Faber (32-7)
    Gegard Mousasi (36-5-2) vs. Costa Philippou (13-4, 1 NC)
    Mark Munoz (13-6) vs. Luke Barnatt (8-2)
    Hyun Gyu Lim (13-4-1) vs. Neil Magny (14-3)
    Phillipe Nover (10-5-1) vs. Yui Chul Nam (18-4-1)
    Mark Eddiva (6-1) vs. Levan Makashvili (6-1)
    Tae Hyun Bang (17-8) vs. Jon Tuck (8-2)
    Zhang Lipeng (9-8-1) vs. Kajan Johnson (19-11-1)
    Li Jingliang (9-3) vs. Dhiego Lima (10-3)
    Ning Guangyou (4-2-1) vs. Royston Wee (4-0)
    Roldan Sangcha-An (4-1) vs. Jon Delos Reyes (7-4)
    Nolan Ticman (4-2) vs. Yao Zhikui (1-2)
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Yeah I love this fight. Big fan of both but more of an Edgar fan so I'm hoping (and expecting) he wins. Should be a great fight.

There's a few fights coming up that I absolutely can't wait for that I think have been quietly flying under the radar. Edgar vs Faber was one but also Gilbert Melendez vs Eddie Alvarez (Mexico card next month) and Carlos Condit vs Thiago Alves (Brazil Fight Night).

Quite shocked to see faber as much as a 5-1 underdog in this fight. Not sure if I just overrate faber or underrate Edgar? Either way I'm expecting a competitive fight and at those odds got a tenner on faber!
    falcons martial arts

Faber is great but I'm not sure he's not starting to show slight signs of slipping in form. His last couple of fights he's been in with lower card guys compared to he was mixing with previously like Barao, Cruz, Aldo etc. His last two fights were against Alex Caceres and Francisco Rivera. He submitted Caceres but had a bit more trouble doing it than I expected. Then, in my opinion, Rivera was getting the better of him in their fight (I actually had him winning the first round) before the unfortunate eyepoke which led to Faber winning.

I don't meant this as a knock on Caceres or Rivera either, I like them both. But for so long Faber was smashing the Scott Jorgensens, Michael McDonalds, Eddie Winelands and Brian Bowles. To see him looking a bit off against Caceres and Rivera doesn't fill me with confidence in his chances against Edgar.

Faber is 35 and has had a long career. That's not all that common for a lighter weight fighter.

I'm probably off the mark. It's not like he's looked bad or anything. I just think Edgar is in the better form right now. I'd love to see them go out and have a FOTY contender though. This year's been short on them so far.

Really pulling for Faber as he's definitely one of my favourites. He's up against it though.

Still considering a cheeky wee bet on Faber and see what happens.

you know the forum revival is in full swing when you get two threads on a one fight card
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by wandshogun09 View Post
    Faber is great but I'm not sure he's not starting to show slight signs of slipping in form. His last couple of fights he's been in with lower card guys compared to he was mixing with previously like Barao, Cruz, Aldo etc. His last two fights were against Alex Caceres and Francisco Rivera. He submitted Caceres but had a bit more trouble doing it than I expected. Then, in my opinion, Rivera was getting the better of him in their fight (I actually had him winning the first round) before the unfortunate eyepoke which led to Faber winning.

I don't meant this as a knock on Caceres or Rivera either, I like them both. But for so long Faber was smashing the Scott Jorgensens, Michael McDonalds, Eddie Winelands and Brian Bowles. To see him looking a bit off against Caceres and Rivera doesn't fill me with confidence in his chances against Edgar.

Faber is 35 and has had a long career. That's not all that common for a lighter weight fighter.

I'm probably off the mark. It's not like he's looked bad or anything. I just think Edgar is in the better form right now. I'd love to see them go out and have a FOTY contender though. This year's been short on them so far.
    Will be interesting to see how he'll be now he doesn't have any weight cutting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    you know the forum revival is in full swing when you get two threads on a one fight card
    My bad. Didn't realise there was another I always get lost off with wha number fight night we're up to.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Hope Frankie takes this one. Would love to see him fight McGregor somewhere down the line. I think Faber will struggle at this weight with Edgar if I'm honest and I can see Frankie being too strong for him and grinding out a UD.

I haven't actually watched the weigh in yet but there's the staredown. Is Edgar in shoes and Faber barefoot there? Because that's more of a size difference than I expected to be honest. Thought they'd be pretty much exactly the same size. Frankie was always a small 155er and an average sized 145er, but he looks clearly the bigger man physically there to me.

I like both guys, probably more so Faber but imo Frankie will take a decision here, hoping for a good fight.