View Poll Results: Should kids be allowed to compete on shows?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - let them fight

1 16.67%
  • NO - Its out of order

4 66.67%
  • Boobies

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids 16 and under on fight shows?

Default Kids 16 and under on fight shows?

Do you think kids under 16 should be allowed to compete on fight shows where the promoters are holding it in a drinking environment and making money from it?

Yes and no.
    Having attended a bunch af ammy box shows, they are often in social clubs or leisure areas where a bar is open.
    No biggy. It comes down to crowd control though. I wouldn't expect effing and jeffing towards young boxers (haven't seen it other than a pikey family) so I wouldn't expect it elsewhere. But, MMA domestic scene for whatever reason seems to atteact plenty of cunts.

I suppose I'm not against it really.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    Do you think kids under 16 should be allowed to compete on fight shows where the promoters are holding it in a drinking environment and making money from it?
    hang on - who made you Q of the day master?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i think that they should be able to fight, but if they don't get filled in or injured during the match, they should be forced to go a couple of rounds full pelt with an adult pro fighter.

serious answer: not sure, i find this area tricky
    'Go read a fucking book, you piece of shit.'

Personally I dont like it. Cant see why they cant do interclub type events before turning Amateur at say 16+ (if they are ready). It gives a bad name to something we are trying to legitimise and experience behind closed doors with all the safety gear etc should be done
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    hang on - who made you Q of the day master?
    haha thought id add my bit in

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    Personally I dont like it. Cant see why they cant do interclub type events before turning Amateur at say 16+ (if they are ready). It gives a bad name to something we are trying to legitimise and experience behind closed doors with all the safety gear etc should be done
    i agree with this, it makes me very uncomfortable. Its a negative media story waiting to happen, dont like boozed up drunks jeering kids on and the thought of promoters making money out of kids.

If you want to help the sport have an interclub or do this outwith the main show.

I was at a show not long ago that had kids fighting on it and the crowd was the worst crowd i have seen grown men like junkies, falling about the place at 2pm, not the right environment for kids and progression for the sport imo

A well known pro show in the north of England had to be cancelled recently after it kicked off at the kids afternoon interclub event.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    A well known pro show in the north of England had to be cancelled recently after it kicked off at the kids afternoon interclub event.
    FFS. Sad times. Not Ian's show was it?

Im torn - ive seen young kids have an exhibition match on a show and they were excellent to watch and I think the crowd appreciated what they were seeing. It gave the kids valuable experience that can only help them in the future should they continue in the sport. Not so sure id want to watch a proper fight with kids on a show though...