Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longest Drive (Not Golf) (Or at front of your house)

Default Longest Drive (Not Golf) (Or at front of your house)

This weekend, on a sizeable solo drive home, I thought I would ask you good people the following question.

What is the single biggest road trip you've done, to get to and from a show within our fair shores?

Friday's total was 350 miles but my personal best is a sizeable 550 mile return from sunny Stoke to even sunnier Newquay, for XFC 3 back in 2011.

Highlights included an ill advised 30 second run out from Nikki Kent, as he caught a sizeable lambasting from Roman Ship, and the service station mug of tea I had upon waking up after a kip on the M5, after nearly falling asleep several times driving home in the rain.

It was also the first show that I ever took my now wife to.

Someone on here must have done some kind of Phileas Fogg style expedition, surely.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i once drove from london to Liverpool for cage gladiator, then drove straight home again, through dense fog, and including some wild detour. By the time we got to Birmingham on the way back, i almost wanted to be part of a serious crash just to get it over with
    'Go read a fucking book, you piece of shit.'

I did London to Glasgow in the CW van once, a solid 9-10 hours with food stops on the Wednesday night. Set of back at 6am Sunday morning on zero kip and a skin full, didn't land home until 7pm as we were so knackered we kept having to stop for kip.

Brutal, even as a passenger.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

anyone can sit in the back of a van smoking dope and eating pasties, motherfucker!
    'Go read a fucking book, you piece of shit.'

technically I drove from Saskatchewan to Vegas for UFC 92. 24 hours if you drive it straight. Although that was a family vacation that was a week long and had multiple drivers.

Did Saskatoon to Edmonton to cover events for sherdog probably 15 times. That's about 320 miles.
    Last edited by RKing85; 20-04-2016 at 05:17 AM. Reason: kilometers to miles is hard
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Colchester to Burnley to wrap someone's hands as an old training partner asked me to. 3 or so hours to get there. Arrived to find someone wrapping his bloody hands. Turned around and drove home, via the Pennines thanks to my sat nav. If it had been during the day I'm sure the journey would have been very picturesque however it was pitch black and foggy. 4 hours later back home. Lesson learned. ...
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    anyone can sit in the back of a van smoking dope and eating pasties, motherfucker!

Not that far maybe Newcastle from here. However in two minds to fly down to BAMMA or in the car thats about 6 hours i think

I used to fly in from Marbella for shows all the time. 1000+ miles. Granted not driving but its a 8hr+ trip door to door.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I used to fly in from Marbella for shows all the time. 1000+ miles. Granted not driving but its a 8hr+ trip door to door.
    In rolls Chechyna's most wanted to the thread like