Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cw-80

Default Cw-80

Only 8 fights.

What happened to Che Mills and Vaughan Lee's respective fights?

Mills withdrew a while back and was replaced with Craig White.

Vaughan Lee's opponent was pulled for medical reasons. Info here.

http://thesprawlmma.com/eng-us/news/nathaniel-wood-pulled-weekends-cw-80-card/
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Thought Carl Amousso was a bit of a dick at the end, wins the title then whips out a give me a job ufc tshirt, kindov pissed all over cage warriors in my opinion, very disrespectful to the promotion and the title

really not a fan of this positioning of cage warriors as a feeder to the ufc

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    Thought Carl Amousso was a bit of a dick at the end, wins the title then whips out a give me a job ufc tshirt, kindov pissed all over cage warriors in my opinion, very disrespectful to the promotion and the title

Same as. Too many guys seem desparate for it. But I guess if you don't ask, you don't get. Unless you are a HW or a mate of a fighter, seems unlikely to get in UFC by being "discovered" these days.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Totally agree with this.

Karl should have been in the UFC. Loads of their Champions have done it.

Didn't see an issue with Karl saying what it is he wants. He deserves it.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Karl should have been in the UFC. Loads of their Champions have done it.

Didn't see an issue with Karl saying what it is he wants. He deserves it.
    You wouldn't be upset if you promoted a guy for your title (maybe the most prestigious one in the organisation) then when he won the budo title he whipped out a cage warriors sign me tshirt and banged on about getting signed by cw before he even mentioned your promotion or put the belt round him?
    Last edited by Nimmy; 27-02-2017 at 08:45 AM.

No because it happens all the time.

I'd just open my palm, remove said belt and say all the best in the future kid. Go get it.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Just watched this event in full. Some excellent fights. Who needs UFC...
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

If we're being honest, nobody is hitting a punch bag at 12 years old dreaming of being the Cage Warriors, BAMMA, or Dangerous Barry's Backyard Bastard UK-1 Superfight Champ. The vast majority of people who take this seriously do so to get to the UFC. There's hardly anyone from this part of the world making a long-term, living wage anywhere else.

The CW/BAMMA belts are the most direct route for guys fighting in the UK the at the moment, particularly the former. It's beneficial to the promotion to go with that angle in terms of acquiring talent.

For guys like Amoussou who have already established their credentials, it makes perfect sense to take one or two 'big' fights on a UFC-partnered broadcast platform to get your name in people's mouths. The promotion can then sell the next title fight to fans as "the former title of current UFC star XYZ" and to fighters as their ticket to the UFC.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.