Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC now for Joe Duffy?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default UFC now for Joe Duffy?

or wot?

'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Duffy vs Ray before both end up in UFC

Duffy vs Carter!!
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

I'm a little torn tbh about Duffy.

On one hand he's beaten McGregor & Parke, is 12-1 and just scored a great KO victory on the other he's only 2 fights back from being out of MMA for 3 years and was not that impressive in his 1st fight back.

Things have moved on massively in that time he was in Pro Boxing and I dont think he's developed massive KO power since boxing. He has probably refined his stand up and is technically better. He's also had quite a few issues or injuries with his hands? that may hinder him.

Personally, I think Ray is the better all rounded fighter and has better Wrestling and has 1 punch KO power whereas Duffy is probably more technical at Striking. They are probably about the same at BJJ.

I would like to see them both get to the UFC and would love for them to fight each other at the UFC in either Boston, Ireland or Scotland
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Joe is in no rush, it's not a case of if the UFC call it's when, until then he will fight whoever is put in front of him, from what I have seen stevie ray looks to have a bit of a bee in his bonnet regarding the hype behind Duffy,

I think if they were to fight now both fighters stock would rise, is Ray beat him then he can no longer be ignored and if Duffy wins you have to believe with the hype surrounding him currently the UFC will come calling.

Either way as spectators we all win! Some cracking fights around for both at the moment.
    falcons martial arts

Quote Originally Posted by falcon77kg View Post
    Joe is in no rush, it's not a case of if the UFC call it's when, until then he will fight whoever is put in front of him, from what I have seen stevie ray looks to have a bit of a bee in his bonnet regarding the hype behind Duffy,

I think if they were to fight now both fighters stock would rise, is Ray beat him then he can no longer be ignored and if Duffy wins you have to believe with the hype surrounding him currently the UFC will come calling.

Either way as spectators we all win! Some cracking fights around for both at the moment.
    I don't think Steven is envious of Duffy with the attention he is getting more that he is saying come and prove your the best.

Steven never shirks a challenge and would fight anytime and any place against any opponent.

I think the issue he has is if the UFC decide to sign up Duffy off the back of 2 comeback wins when he's been about, 3x CW champion and has also put in some good performances then that wouldnt be right.

I think he even put up online that if they want to sign Duffy for Boston to sign him up aswell and they can fight each other.

The problem they have is if they make that fight outside the UFC then ultimately 1 of them is going home a loser and its kind of back to square 1. If they did that fight in the UFC in Scotland or Ireland then it would attract alot of attention I think.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I agree to a point, problem with Ray is he is a bit of a sleeper, that's not me doubting his skill or ability at all, however we have seen in the past if you are marketed well and you have that following you are more likely to get the call. If a UFC shot was on skill alone we wouldn't see half the guys we have get a crack.

Joe has that ability to be marketed very well, Irish fighters are on a wave at the moment, his win over Connor will no doubt be talked about to death and he will ultimately have to carve his own way and shake off the tag as the guy who beat Connor,

It's all about who is going to bring that following and get people watching, guarantee a guy who beat Connor will pull more figures and interest than a guy who just won a rubber match with curt warburton, do I think ray would hold his own? absolutely if UFC ever hits scotland then he is a sure fire bet on the card,

Now if Ray beat the guy who beat Connor (despite the fact we know mma maths is bullshit) he may get more of a look in.
    Last edited by falcon77kg; 17-11-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Shit spelling
    falcons martial arts

Quote Originally Posted by falcon77kg View Post
    I agree to a point, problem with Ray is he is a bit of a sleeper, that's not me doubting his skill or ability at all, however we have seen in the past if you are marketed well and you have that following you are more likely to get the call. If a UFC shot was on skill alone we wouldn't see half the guys we have get a crack.

Joe has that ability to be marketed very well, Irish fighters are on a wave at the moment, his win over Connor will no doubt be talked about to death and he will ultimately have to carve his own way and shake off the tag as the guy who beat Connor,

It's all about who is going to bring that following and get people watching, guarantee a guy who beat Connor will pull more figures and interest than a guy who just won a rubber match with curt warburton, do I think ray would hold his own? absolutely if UFC ever hits scotland then he is a sure fire bet on the card,

Now if Ray beat the guy who beat Connor (despite the fact we know mma maths is bullshit) he may get more of a look in.
    Scottish MMA is about to get really fashionable with the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    Scottish MMA is about to get really fashionable with the UFC
    Is Jo Jo performs as we hope then absolutely! Timing then could work out perfect. In a perfect world she wins the show and belt, UFC comes to scotland for her first defence and ray gets his shot.
    falcons martial arts

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

oh shit, just to clarify, I wish I was a good enough troll to bait high-level posters back for a discussion - but the honest truth is I didn't mean to suggest Joe should leap-frog the champ to get to the UFC. that would have been a fucking cynical post.

I forgot the champ and my angle was just that Joe's on the crest of that McGregor marketing wave. he's way good enough to fight the top guys. and he's involved with the marketing by mistake almost. pow, ufc.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'