Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Coach in UK

Insert "your coach or mate" here

I though it would become that when I started this thread. To be honest I think my coach (who hasn't yet been mentioned here) is among the best when is comes to adapting BBJ for MMA and was wondering who else was up there.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSteroidsHere View Post
    Where is Steve Campbell from?
    He owns his own school stealth bjj based in chadderton. He's a carlos gracie Jr black belt, he has a wealth of knowledge and is also one of the nicest blokes you'd ever have the pleasure of meeting.

Thanks wiganer_o6, just I had never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSteroidsHere View Post
    Thanks wiganer_o6, just I had never heard of him.
    Steve Campbell is quality and as already been said hes one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    As a pure BJJ coach I guess you have to look at students results, not personal results...
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Insert "your coach or mate" here
    And this.

I think you'd have to definitely look at their TEAM/SCHOOL'S results and consistency for an accurate response as well as the main coach. e.g. you can't include 2 Barra schools as one because the same individual is the face of those schools, you'd have to credit those team's successes to the main coach as opposed to the named coach who may do a bi weekly visit to do a session with the main instructor.

One thing that always irked me about BJJ team results were how big academies would group all their wins together so in effect they'd have 6'000'000 points spread over 8 gyms/academies under one banner. I definitely think it should be by the academy for accuracy as each team would be taught daily by different coaches.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

I rate the Dungeon highly as far as north east jitz goes and beyond.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

would have to say Braulio Estima.

Midlands Rob Stevens without a doubt

dave speedy ellott hands down
    hurtlocker mma (side show) 2-1-0