Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Carl Kinslow be worthy of a UCMMA LHW title shot should he beat Misiek

Default Would Carl Kinslow be worthy of a UCMMA LHW title shot should he beat Misiek

Carl Kinslow (2-5) is ranked at #18 at Heavyweight after beating Ben Smith in his last fight. Kinslow now drops to Light Heavyweight to take on Misiek Mysiala at UCMMA 35. Now, should Kinslow beat Misiek, he would have beaten the #5 ranked LHW in the country, and highest rank guy available to fight on UCMMA (unless Lazarz isn't signed to BAMMA)

The question is, concidering his record would be 3-5, would a convincing win over Misiek be enough to warrant a shot at Linton Vassell in October, because I can see a potential upset happening here.

What weight does this dude actually fight at...

Ben Smith - HW
    Misiek - LHW
    Luke Newman and Tommy Maguire are WW and LW aren't they?

I believe that its not about your record if you put together a run of beating top guys. Therefore if he beats Ben Smith and the Misiek and UCMMA deem that worthy of a title shot then technically he's earned it.

simple really, does he sell tickets?

If the answer is yes then UCMMA will deem that enough to get a title shot! ;-)
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

early in his career he was WW i believe, then he had a few years off and came back and fought Paul taylor on short notice at HW, he lost. then he beat Smith at HW with full fight camp, and is now dropping to LHW to fight Misiek. i believe he wants to float in between LHW and HW.
    Owner of @LOVE2FIGHTmag, student of BKK Fighters & PR for WFS: Warrior Fight Series

sounds to me that LHW would be ideal if he wanted to take things seriously. Ben Smith is a small HW and if he fought Taylor at short notice then chances are he didn't cut much for it, if at all. If he impresses against Misiek then he should stay at LHW. Problem is the LHW division is not that deep.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

That's why i brought this up, because if he were to beat Misiek, then Misiek is #5 and the only guy above him is Lazarz, who fights on BAMMA, there would be no one ranked any higher than misiek that he kinslow could face other than vassell for the title (nunes, manuwa and vassell)
    Last edited by gmccann15; 24-07-2013 at 03:24 PM.

If he beats Misiek of course he'd be worthy of a title shot with UCMMA. On the subject of ticket sellers, i dont think Vassell sells huge amounts. I dont think Galesic who he defended the belt last time out against sells loads, though he is a name. Same goes for Misiek.

If he beats misiek hell yeah he deserves a title shot and he could win the title too... BUT no way in hell he beats misiek, he's a tough guy but not on that level yet...

Misiek interview before ucmma35
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2CkvdPPBfI

if it goes to the ground, then it will be a long night for Kinslow. But against Smith, he handled his wrestling fairly easily, if he is able to do the same, then the stand up is much more even. Kinslow works his boxing with a top coach, cant remember his name tho

Quote Originally Posted by gmccann15 View Post
    if it goes to the ground, then it will be a long night for Kinslow. But against Smith, he handled his wrestling fairly easily, if he is able to do the same, then the stand up is much more even. Kinslow works his boxing with a top coach, cant remember his name tho
    wanna bet :-) id even be surprised if it was even on the feet. After this fight, your realise why everyone used to duck fighting him. and il say.... i told you so...