Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wierdest tales in UK MMA

Yeah, it was a pool table in Rotherham I believe. Stay classy, South Yorkshire.

I remember my first time meeting lee livesley/livermore/cage when he fought on combat challenge against mark mills he was sharing the same changing room as our fighters. He just sat in the corner of the room all night been very quite, i remember looking at him wondering why he didnt have any corner men or why he hadnt got his hands wrapped and he hadnt warmed up even when he got told his fight was next he still sat on his chair til he got called to fight. I was intrigued so went down to watch the fight were he tapped to strikes without landing a single shot in 20 seconds.

I also recall someone else who fought him telling me that lee had asked him not to elbow him in the head before the fight because he was going on holiday the next day.
    And the same forum member who got ko in 9 and rode home on his bike was brutally knocked out by I think johnny goodall and he rode home on his motorbike.
    3-5-1

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

I once heard a story about a massive sofa being nicked from a hotel the day after a show. apparently, it must have been a 4 man lift, they just picked it up and walked off leaving the promoter with an impending chat at reception

will try to think of more
    That was a FCFN where i fought on, i may know the two people involved in the 'moving' of the sofa. For the record it wasnt stolen, just moved elsewhere.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dmjohn2000 View Post
    I remember my first time meeting lee livesley/livermore/cage when he fought on combat challenge against mark mills he was sharing the same changing room as our fighters. He just sat in the corner of the room all night been very quite, i remember looking at him wondering why he didnt have any corner men or why he hadnt got his hands wrapped and he hadnt warmed up even when he got told his fight was next he still sat on his chair til he got called to fight. I was intrigued so went down to watch the fight were he tapped to strikes without landing a single shot in 20 seconds.
    Mark mills was fighting for caged steel at the time,me and another team member was cornering mark,lee didn't turn up for the weigh ins, he was calling the promoter saying he couldn't get over cos he missed a lift or some shit so me and another lad drove all the way to Blackpool and frogmarched him to Bradford for the fight!
    Last edited by iandean; 31-07-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Edited broken code

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    That was a FCFN where i fought on, i may know the two people involved in the 'moving' of the sofa. For the record it wasnt stolen, just moved elsewhere.
    I think it may have made an appearance in South London LOL

lol that sofa

The old FCFN's were great fun

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Reed View Post
    South Shields at the Temple Park Leisure Centre. There was a fight or two in the crowd also.
    Yeah, a man punched a woman, so another man punched the woman puncher, it all kicked off and someone got stabbed outside, how lovely.

A man also threatened to smack my girlfriend, eventful night overall!

Quote Originally Posted by ashy51 View Post
    Yeah, a man punched a woman, so another man punched the woman puncher, it all kicked off and someone got stabbed outside, how lovely.

was the woman pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmjohn2000 View Post
    He also did the same thing on another show I fought on
    He stabbed someone else? What a piece of shit, I hope they threw him in prison already.

Quote Originally Posted by ashy51 View Post

I think I saw that. I remember seeing an older guy swing some punches at someone, not sure if it was the stabber. There were a couple of fights that night outside the cage, pretty intense night all round.