Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wierdest tales in UK MMA

I saw a fighter's mother, who'd just lost, accost a referee from behind a barrier in protest to say that the other fighter was too big for her son to fight, and that it was a mismatch. They were both rather portly in all fairness, it was at heavyweight. She got quite animated as well. The lad didn't get badly KO'd or anything and as he walked out of the cage you could see him looking out of the corner of his eye at the whole situation.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by craig a View Post
    Mma alien was that in Llanelli, as I hear the guy who came in on a min notice won
    It was, i believe it was Sam and George Burton but i might be wrong!

I've been to god knows how many shows, the only time I've seen major trouble, it's been boxing shows.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

I reffed a fight at the Aston Villa LC years ago if I remember rightly it was sanctioned by the K-1 (mma) .
    Roger Woodwood vs David Swan, bell sounds for round 1 Roger goes for the double leg Swanny throws a kick and boom Roger is out and I mean proper out, ( he told me later he had no memory of the fight or getting back to the changing room)
    Nothing strange in that apart from, A BIG FAT TWAT walks down from the gods and shouts at me OI so I turn round and walk to him and say "can I help you" he says I dont want you to stop anymore fights that early.... bites his pasty swigs his pint then says I PAID 25 and I want my moneys worth.... I walk away speech less

Quote Originally Posted by woodlegs View Post
    I reffed a fight at the Aston Villa LC years ago if I remember rightly it was sanctioned by the K-1 (mma) .
    Roger Woodwood vs David Swan, bell sounds for round 1 Roger goes for the double leg Swanny throws a kick and boom Roger is out and I mean proper out, ( he told me later he had no memory of the fight or getting back to the changing room)
    Nothing strange in that apart from, A BIG FAT TWAT walks down from the gods and shouts at me OI so I turn round and walk to him and say "can I help you" he says I dont want you to stop anymore fights that early.... bites his pasty swigs his pint then says I PAID 25 and I want my moneys worth.... I walk away speech less
    Haha fantastic.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

my favourite moment is when a certain matchmaker was kidnapped at a UC show
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

I was at Bamma in the officials changing room, some guy wanders in and puts on a suit, "you working?" he asks " yes I am reffin"
    "Oh whats your name" he says "Mark Woodard" I reply, he looks at me then utters the memorable words " NO YOUR NOT I HAVE DONE MARC GODDARDS COURSE" I look in shock then it falls out of my mouth "And your a deaf c**t"
    still makes me smile

To be honest the most memorable nights I've had cannot be spoken about to protect the guilty. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    To be honest the most memorable nights I've had cannot be spoken about to protect the guilty. LOL
    And involve you in a tuxedo eating a goldfish
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Ah the old days...

The incident at Coventry Skydome
    Lee Murray taking in the doorstaff at Circus Tavern
    The debut of Bigfoot Silva and his bird/sister/female friend showing her tits to the audience
    Matt Furey and his staple gun in Jordan at the CW post fight party
    Pancrase London boys crashing Andrei Arlovski's UFC 70 party before he turned up and nicking the booze

Happy memories
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative