Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wierdest tales in UK MMA

Quote Originally Posted by r-v View Post
    also i got refused to take pics and report on an event cos I was wearing addidas trainers not wearing a shirt and bow tie. The promoter wanted to look like a posh nosh kinder show so I had to get the bus back to Slough
    ha opposite happened to me, the guys at cage warriors had kindly given me a VIP table at Enter The Rough House, never sat at VIP before and wanted to dress smart. 4 of us rock up in suits, Dean was supposed to pick us up at the airport, could see a big dude walking around scratching his head and walked by us about 5 times, he was looking for 4 guys in tapout shirts and we are standing suited and booted.

Got to the event and looked like a right twat

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

whoa, here is one just from the weekend at ucmma. in the female fight, the Olympian rep LJ Adams had her nose busted and fought on regardless, literally as if she had no injury, brilliant stuff. but at one stage they were clinching by the cage. so much blood was pouring out of her nose, covering the bottom of the cage and timekeepers table. can't remember ever seeing so much blood.

anyway, DoD had left a pint on the table. this pint, far from the glorious amber that you would expect, was full of blood and had turned completely red, looked like a thick snakebite/black. horrible. I caught a pic of it and Dave's reaction. will post at some stage.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBUccxAsgU
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    whoa, here is one just from the weekend at ucmma. in the female fight, the Olympian rep LJ Adams had her nose busted and fought on regardless, literally as if she had no injury, brilliant stuff. but at one stage they were clinching by the cage. so much blood was pouring out of her nose, covering the bottom of the cage and timekeepers table. can't remember ever seeing so much blood.

anyway, DoD had left a pint on the table. this pint, far from the glorious amber that you would expect, was full of blood and had turned completely red, looked like a thick snakebite/black. horrible. I caught a pic of it and Dave's reaction. will post at some stage.
    more blood than this bloodfest

If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post

Or this one?
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

The 1000 bet

The scrap with Andy Foreman and Darrin Richardson
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

man i wish i was old enough to have been involved for longer, sounds funny as!

I once saw a guy from Antonios gym win a title on an event that states "our goal is to achieve and deliver only the highest standards with our Mixed Martial Arts Promotions, so come and experience the difference and see high performance delivered!"

I LOL'd

I'd popped into a bar in the Printworks in Manchester for a post-UFC 105 weigh-ins Long Island Iced Tea, when who do I see at the bar next to me but Matt Riddle, two of his mates and two adults (who I assumed, from the way they were talking, were his parents). The parents went to sit down, leaving Riddle and his mates at the bar.

Anywho, Riddle was being really rude and obnoxious to the waitress...I won't go into exactly what was done/said, but it was well out of order. Eventually the poor girl had had enough, and decided to ID him in front of his mates to shut him up (he'd ordered beers for his mates). None of them had ID, prompting Riddle to drop the "Don't you know who I am" clanger.

Despite much protesting, and a hurried explanation of what a UFC fighter was, the barmaid wouldn't budge. Riddle had to go and get his mummy to come up to the bar with him.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Ryan White
    Pro Fighter

I remember seeing lee doski coming in to his fight with jess liaudin and fall out the cage door.

Also remember seeing some fight kicking off at a BAMMA after party and Denis kang splitting it up.
    the bullshit stops when the cage door locks!!! @prosystemsmma

I once did a bad fart and blamed it on the dude sat next to me.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.