Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UK MMA Rankings Update - July 2013

Tbh yes you guys have a tough job but how you can move up n down without fighting is beyond me n how some guys have 5/6 wins lower than guys with 2/3 wins . Also how can you rank a fighter who never made weight so highly due to his win. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by tiny Tim i View Post
    Tbh yes you guys have a tough job but how you can move up n down without fighting is beyond me n how some guys have 5/6 wins lower than guys with 2/3 wins . Also how can you rank a fighter who never made weight so highly due to his win. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    If you've never made the weightclass then you won't be ranked at that weight.

You can move up and down without fighting when others around you force changes/people drop out due to inactivity etc.

Quality of the wins come into it. You could beat six numpties, but if another guy has beaten two good guys then he will be ranked higher.

Thanks for the feedback, all constructive issues are referred to and discussed.

Jamie Rodgers has went out, not sure if you guys know something I don't but he was ranked #27 last month ahead of Wheeler who he beat a few months back.

Uche Ihiekwe goes from #23 to #20 in a month where he hasn't fought. Not sure why.

Daniel Thomas has went out and Sean Carter in. Carter looks an excellent prospect but doesn't have a better record than Thomas or Saul Rogers at the moment.

There are various guys moving up on the back of wins but how much they move up by in certain cases doesn't make much sense. Some guys are moving quite a few places on the back of wins over unranked opp. whereas other guys are moving 1 place beating a guy ranked a place or two below him. Wins over unranked opp. shouldn't really count as highly as beating ranked opp. should it? This coincidentally is where hype seems to play a big part in certain guys rankings.

Piotr Ptasinski goes from #24 last month (ahead of Tommy Quinn) to #27 this month (behind Tommy Quinn). Neither of these guys have fought in the time period. To be honest I don't know how Ptasinski (5-3) goes into the rankings off a win over John Redmond (4-7) anyway. Granted his fights are exciting but guys ranked below in the past 2 months him have better records.

Rab Truesdale is now ranked in HW but you state fighters will be ranked in the lowest weight class in past 3 fights. He was ranked at LHW last month.
    Last edited by Atticus; 08-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    I would ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere.

Won my heavyweight fight last month and fighting heavyweight again in 2 weeks against prev top 10 ranked opponent(inactivity) in Martin Thompson. So that should soon sort that out. B-)
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

did Uche not win on the Manchester Expo show though?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Jamie Rodgers has went out, not sure if you guys know something I don't but he was ranked #27 last month ahead of Wheeler who he beat a few months back.

Referenced that situation already.

Uche Ihiekwe goes from #23 to #20 in a month where he hasn't fought. Not sure why.

He beat Jazbutis last month. Not on Sherdog yet.

Daniel Thomas has went out and Sean Carter in. Carter looks an excellent prospect but doesn't have a better record than Thomas or Saul Rogers at the moment.

Thomas been much less active and not in great form, and Carter now 6-0 with a great win at CWFC last time out. Finishing guys too.

There are various guys moving up on the back of wins but how much they move up by in certain cases doesn't make much sense. Some guys are moving quite a few places on the back of wins over unranked opp. whereas other guys are moving 1 place beating a guy ranked a place or two below him. Wins over unranked opp. shouldn't really count as highly as beating ranked opp. should it? This coincidentally is where hype seems to play a big part in certain guys rankings.

No-one goes off hype. Performance, level of opponent, and it's damn harder to move up the spots the closer to the top you get.

Piotr Ptasinski goes from #24 last month (ahead of Tommy Quinn) to #27 this month (behind Tommy Quinn). Neither of these guys have fought in the time period. To be honest I don't know how Ptasinski (5-3) goes into the rankings off a win over John Redmond (4-7) anyway. Granted his fights are exciting but guys ranked below in the past 2 months him have better records.

Ptasinski went the distance with a great fighter in Bahari, and has been against really good opponents, and won some decent fights. There were a few exits due to inactvity at WW which saw some people move up by default.

Rab Truesdale is now ranked in HW but you state fighters will be ranked in the lowest weight class in past 3 fights. He was ranked at LHW last month.

That's unles it's stated as a permanent move, which Rab said it was.

Thansk for the feedback/dissection as always

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    did Uche not win on the Manchester Expo show though?
    You would of thought that the guys there would of got that sorted

There are flaws in the rankings but they are a good guide for everyone in the scene, i think over time they will settle down

My main issue is guys who are very inactive still hogging positions...if you are inactive for maybe 6 months you should drop down a lot more...right?

Great rankings jay. Your doing a thankless task and ddoing a good job
    nrgstop.com

i was surprised when freeman appeared at 5th on the HW rankings after only 1 fight