Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: well Tom Watson got his big mouth shut

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    If Watson ever wants to make that next step, he needs to not fight for a year, and go spent a whole year training in America and training wrestling 90% of that time.
    He's been training over at Jackson's and Tristar for a good while now so you would think that area of his game would have improved. He's 31 now so maybe it's just a case of he fights the way he does and there's no changing it. You can't teach an old dog new tricks comes to mind. I think he's an exciting fighter but he's too easy to work out for the decent guys in the UFC
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Tom has been training in the states and Canada for years now. Fact is he fought the wrong fight against a very strong Leites. Lets not forget Leites is an ex title challenger who fought Anderson for that title and went the distance. Personally I think Leites will shock a few people now and go on and win a few.

Tom knows what he needs to do. This will only make him work on the parts of his game he knows are not as strong as others. Lets face it, the man refuses to be submitted by anyone over the last few years and has NEVER been knocked out. He will come back stronger. He always does.

Oh and on another note he broke his foot 2 weeks ago too....
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

I thought he was gonna have been KO'd or subbed in under a min when I saw this thread... Defo wouldnt cut it against Wand or Bisping tho

Watson is C+ level fighter so I expected him to be stopped by leties so he surprised me. He really should be quiet now. He is really tough to choke, freakishly so.
    Fuck no-gi

Already been said about the time he's spent in the states,but Lay-tees looked very good too,back control was sick and it was him that made the fight go the way it went and where it did.
    Even if Watson's not gonna be champ,the guys chin,style and lack of carotid artery would still see him give a few people fits and make for some decent fights still in the UFC. Is Cote Still at MW?

Quote Originally Posted by partridge3834 View Post
    Already been said about the time he's spent in the states,but Lay-tees looked very good too,back control was sick and it was him that made the fight go the way it went and where it did.
    Even if Watson's not gonna be champ,the guys chin,style and lack of carotid artery would still see him give a few people fits and make for some decent fights still in the UFC. Is Cote Still at MW?
    Welter I think. Maybe Watson vs Leben next?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Was just a bad match up for Tom, fair play to him gutting it out. Leites, people just remember the Silva fight, he is a talented fighter to be fair, I wasn't shocked he won the fight, it was just one of those fights where one dudes style overwhelms the others, it happens, doesnt mean Tom isn't made for the UFC.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Leben fights a good shout especially after his last loss-3 on the trot, but again entertaining as fuck in the right fight. I'd actually fancy tom if they did get matched too.
    Be interesting to see who Leites gets next as well

Not sure if Tom signed a multi fight deal or not. Defo deserves another shot and another striker would make sense.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Tom would pick Leben off, be a good fight though, same with Wandy, those kind of fighters suit his style a lot more. Wandy would be fun to watch, not sure who I'd pick tho...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.