Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dislocating your shoulder throwing a punch

Default Dislocating your shoulder throwing a punch

Was this just a freak injury on Saturday or is this a common occurence? I have had my fair share of shoulder trouble and just wondered if anyone else had seen this happen before.

Didn't John Phillips dislocate his shoulder when he fought Denniston Sutherland in a grappling/punching exchange or was it purely grappling?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Didn't John Phillips dislocate his shoulder when he fought Denniston Sutherland in a grappling/punching exchange or was it purely grappling?
    He did but it was the result of a hip toss IIRC. He was thrown to the mat and landed badly on his shoulder.

The most hated Gaijin of all

Had numerous shoulder repairs, if your shoulder properly dislocated i.e. needed to be put back in. You will be looking at surgery to continue with contact sports.

A local boxer to where I grew up Dean Francis was plagued with shoulder issues. Solid pro , held him back a lot I think http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5770&cat=boxer

danny williams did this and knocked the guy out with his other hand.

just last week I saw a guy's shoulder pop out of the socket just by catching a fly ball in a slo pitch game.

Freak incidents happen all the time.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I used to play rugby with a prop who was one of the toughest humans I've ever met. I remember him dislocating his shoulder, getting the medic to pop it back in, and then playing for another 60 minutes or so. And this is union where there's real scrums, and the force in that front row is mental. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    catching a fly ball in a slo pitch game.
    what sorcery is this?