Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Daley is back with BAMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    BAMMA will pay him 10,000 a fight though lol.
    I don't see that being a problem for Cagewarriors if I'm honest.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

I never stated it would be a problem for Cagewarriors to be able to afford said fee.

What I implied subtly was that BAMMA would actually do it.

Take it the next BAMMA show will be in Nottingham then?

From Graham Boylans twitter

1. Paul Daley's manager was NEVER involved in Paul fighting in liverpool, myself & Paul dealt direct with each other like MEN do.

2. Paul & I agreed terms for him to sign with CWFC but there was one sticking point that I would NOT give into because it wasn't right.

3. Paul wanted the WW CWFC World Title but if he won it he would refuse to allow any UK based fighter challenge for it. This is something under no circumstances I could agree to. How could I shatter the dreams of all the WW's signed to CWFC? "sorry mate I know your 10-0 now" but you're NEVER going to get a shot at the CWFC World Title because Paul wont fight UK fighters.I explained to Paul I wouldn't be involved in this because it wasn't right & I told him go else where that other promotions would gladly except this but I wouldn't allow CWFC be involved if a fighter puts his life into fighting & wants to be a CWFC champion he/she deserves a shot no matter where they come from. Everything else was agreed between Paul & I, five fights & a Title shot.

I wish Paul the very best with his career.Cage Warriors moves on as planned with 18 shows over the next 18 months. Love me hate me I'l always do whats right for the sport & I put the sport & all the UK WW CWFC rostered fighters before business & money.

I'm have no doubt there will be some big PR spin around this but this is the truth. Enjoy your day people.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    Quite right too!!!! Well done for taking a stand loads of promoters would have accepted these terms just to sign him good to see a promoter thinking about other fighters on their roster and not bowing down to demands and egos of big superstar fighters. Mr boylan I salute you!!!!

Does this mean if Paul Daley were to win the BAMMA title that no British fighter is eligible for a title shot, whether they've earned the number one contender spot?

Based on the above, thats something BAMMA will 100% offer.

Providing Daley makes weight he'll probably fight for the WW title and then they'll get whoever he wants.

Bring over Fitch and let him grapplefuck Daley to see what happens

That said, isn't Wallhead the champion? and if that's the case they wont fight each other......

Why wouldnt he want to fight another UK WW tho...

Thats a very good point actually. Wallhead isn't the Champion but he is fighting for the title on the next card.

With that being said, he should beat Ellis and this means that they won't fight each other which is an interesting point to raise.

I know what Wallhead has been paid in the past on BAMMA and its ridiculous so wouldn't surprise me if Daley gets big cash.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    Respect to Graham.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.