Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safe Mma??? Or not?

Default Safe Mma??? Or not?

Hearing that a certain bout didn't clear safe mma regulations at the weekend, but bout went ahead anyway.

Anyone have any more info on this.

If true what's the point in safe mma??
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

Hmm.

I was curious of that myself but if a fight still goes ahead not cleared, it doesn't detract from the Safe-MMA purpose, it merely detracts from the event's reputation I should think?
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

It takes the fucking piss, i knew UCMMA would fold first! (if true)
    Last edited by MMAlien; 06-08-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Makes no sense in being safe mma registered whilst fighters sharing the same cage aren't.

Doors are open now. Bye bye safe mma. Your intentions were good but clearly it ain't gonna work without it being governed.

Which fight? Which fighter?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

There was 6 Safe MMA registered fights, and two not:

Two professional fights on the card have not met Safe MMA's criteria:

Carl Kinslow vs Przmyslaw Mysiala - Mysiala's submitted blood results were dated from outside the stipulated 6 months time period. The clear blood results were submitted by the fighter's management late yesterday. Carl Kinslow's management has been informed and has accepted the bout.

Tom Richards vs Marvin Vittori - Richards failed to submit complete blood results and undergo an annual medical. Safe MMA was informed that he will undergo an extended pre-fight medical.

From the Safe MMA press release re: last weekend's UCMMA card.

Two professional fights on the card have not met Safe MMA's criteria:

Carl Kinslow vs Przmyslaw Mysiala - Mysiala's submitted blood results were dated from outside the stipulated 6 months time period. The clear blood results were submitted by the fighter's management late yesterday. Carl Kinslow's management has been informed and has accepted the bout.

Tom Richards vs Marvin Vittori - Richards failed to submit complete blood results and undergo an annual medical. Safe MMA was informed that he will undergo an extended pre-fight medical.
    The only issue is whether or not the cage was disinfected after the non-Safe MMA fights. I believe I'm right in saying that UCMMA have had kickboxing/UK-1 fights on every card since signing up to Safe MMA, none of which have been overseen by Safe MMA. As far as I understand it, as long as the cage is disinfected, it's not an issue as far as Safe MMA is concerned.

Safe MMA has no authority, so it's only as strong as the promotions that support it. Would have been nice to see UCMMA take a stand and cancel the fights, particularly the one where no bloods/medical were submitted at all. Doesn't exactly send out a strong message.
    Last edited by brashleyholland; 06-08-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

This is sad and disheartening
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Well like most of us said before. What's the point if fights gonna happen anyway. Paying a fortune for blood safety yet all its gonna come down to is a guy with a mop. Ridiculous. U want to know if my bloods are good. il go to my docs or health clinic and get it done free, then il pass em over. It simply won't work until it's governed.

it will work if its self governed, fighters who are signed up shouldnt fight on a non safe MMA regulated show, promotions shouldnt also sign fighters who arnt safe mma registered