Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: Safe Mma??? Or not?

  1. #51
    I'm Spartacus! jim2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clydebank
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Dude are you been fucking serious? Not posting a list but if you cant think of at least 10 then your blind. Plus a lot have jobs so your point is void. Really didnt wanna come at you like this as you seem a cracking guy but comon man you only need to look at some. Im no expert but I know this much Peds are rife in uk mma and anyone who tries to deny that needs to wake up.


    And this is aimed at everyone so long as you pussy foot around PEDS whether its because your mates take them you take them or your training partner takes them your not doing the sport any favours either get tough on it or stay where you are in terms mainstream popularity.
    Dude, your asking me if i'm "fucking serious" at 5:20am in the morning. Have you pissed the bed or something? and now got the hump?!

    What sort of fighters are you talking about here? what level? UFC level, domestic?

    There is no doubt that in the UFC or highest tier there is a problem, i'm not debating that. My argument is that the domestic guys simply do not have the money to afford this (on the whole). Yes, there will be a few that will but were talking such a small %age compared to how many actually compete.

    My point is not void about them having jobs! as I said that there is a chance that if they did have a job then it is possible.

    When you say this:
    Im no expert but I know this much Peds are rife in uk mma

    How do you know? Do you really know that much to know who around the country is taking PED's?. Maybe rife in your gym, town etc but that's not the overall picture.

    You make out that it's an "epidemic". Message me names of people that you think are or PED's then?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

  2. #52
    I'm Spartacus! jim2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clydebank
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HANDSOFSTONE View Post
    In terms of cost its far cheaper to do a cycle of roids then Months of hard work with a good diet and protein.
    So your going to do a cycle of roids and not worry about your diet or take any protein to go along with those hard sessions at the gym? that's not even an argument as 1 doesn't replace another. You would use both together? and therefore have both costs. Plus most roids wouldn't actually work in your favour for MMA as they would severely hamper your cardio.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

  3. #53

    Default

    Roads are easily available and a lot cheaper than you think.
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

  4. #54

    Default

    .*roids .
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

  5. #55

    Default

    Thoughts on these points please john. ThanksLoads of guys taking peds. Some I know of. They are cheaper than u think. But safe mma can obviously adv suspensions but nobody to enforce it. It's all good for guys who are fighting on promotions which seem to be enforcing it ie cage warriors and bamma but that's a small percentage of UK fighters so unless u are signed to them, guys are gonna fight on smaller shows which don't use safe mma, so for example I have fought on cw previously if I had signed up to safe mma then it would be a waste as money as fighters on the smaller shows ain't with safe mma and don't need to give bloods etc. If I get my bloods done and I'm good to go and my opponent does the same regardless where it's done ain't it just as safe.? Plus very small percentage of guys train full time in the UK as the pay isn't great. We fight because we love it. We already pay alot in fight camps/sups/training gear / transport/food etc. So asking to pay more is a lot for some guys who get very little as it is, especially if it isn't compulsory to do so. I also have a problem with for example I'm the only pro fighter in my gym so if I wanna fight safe mma sanctioned I'm better doing it as a independent fighter so my club don't need to pay for me to fight? I find that a bit strange.
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

  6. #56
    The most hated Gaijin of all
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Not sure how preventing someone bleed all over you who has HIV is not a good thing.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    Dude, your asking me if i'm "fucking serious" at 5:20am in the morning. Have you pissed the bed or something? and now got the hump?!

    What sort of fighters are you talking about here? what level? UFC level, domestic?

    There is no doubt that in the UFC or highest tier there is a problem, i'm not debating that. My argument is that the domestic guys simply do not have the money to afford this (on the whole). Yes, there will be a few that will but were talking such a small %age compared to how many actually compete.

    My point is not void about them having jobs! as I said that there is a chance that if they did have a job then it is possible.

    When you say this:
    Im no expert but I know this much Peds are rife in uk mma

    How do you know? Do you really know that much to know who around the country is taking PED's?. Maybe rife in your gym, town etc but that's not the overall picture.

    You make out that it's an "epidemic". Message me names of people that you think are or PED's then?
    Look man some of us have Jobs hence the 5:30 post. nuff said.

    And im not posting names complaining about Peds in the sport is one thing been a grass is another.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJunior View Post
    Absolutely spot on, Jay. PEDs doesnt automatically equal success. And those fighters using can in fact do more damage to themselves in the long term.

    Of course blood diseases, medical probs (staph, mechanical injuries, retina) and concussion are a far more real, measurable and imminent issue.
    To both of you here, that's is great that you have beaten cheats well done. But that's not the point really. All things being equal you would have lost to a cheat. Is that fair?

    I like your posts Johnjunior and though in the past on here I've being a bit of a cunt I'm genuinely a fan of the sport but I'd love to see them bring in proper testing. Just at random. Some fighters don't even try and hide the fact they take it. I find that absolutely mind blowing, they are achieving nothing yet fans support them. I don't get it.

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    So your going to do a cycle of roids and not worry about your diet or take any protein to go along with those hard sessions at the gym? that's not even an argument as 1 doesn't replace another. You would use both together? and therefore have both costs. Plus most roids wouldn't actually work in your favour for MMA as they would severely hamper your cardio.
    Nonsense. Most roids? Do you know what steroids actually do? Granted you'd still need to me mindful of your diet but additional protein isn't as important as the increased testosterone.

    Why would they hamper your cardio?

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RabTrue View Post
    Thoughts on these points please john. ThanksLoads of guys taking peds. Some I know of. They are cheaper than u think. But safe mma can obviously adv suspensions but nobody to enforce it. It's all good for guys who are fighting on promotions which seem to be enforcing it ie cage warriors and bamma but that's a small percentage of UK fighters so unless u are signed to them, guys are gonna fight on smaller shows which don't use safe mma, so for example I have fought on cw previously if I had signed up to safe mma then it would be a waste as money as fighters on the smaller shows ain't with safe mma and don't need to give bloods etc. If I get my bloods done and I'm good to go and my opponent does the same regardless where it's done ain't it just as safe.? Plus very small percentage of guys train full time in the UK as the pay isn't great. We fight because we love it. We already pay alot in fight camps/sups/training gear / transport/food etc. So asking to pay more is a lot for some guys who get very little as it is, especially if it isn't compulsory to do so. I also have a problem with for example I'm the only pro fighter in my gym so if I wanna fight safe mma sanctioned I'm better doing it as a independent fighter so my club don't need to pay for me to fight? I find that a bit strange.
    Ok Rab, here are my views with some SAFE MMA detail:

    SAFE MMA is aimed at the promotions that care about fighter safety. It is still very young and was established with the 3 most established or biggest organisations that were actively putting on shows and already understood the methods towards achieving fighter safety. This is opposed to launching SAFE MMA with no member promotions and asking for some to come forward- wouldn't have worked too well. The 3 original promotions were brave enough to lead the way and demonstrate that SAFE MMA can make a difference. To be honest SAFE MMA needed to find its feet and establish the best administrative methods to make things as easy as possible for promoters and fighters. We are now much more learned in this area. Since launching we have signed up other promotions and are talking with quite a few more. Tis all takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day and I personally feel that interested promotions were sitting and waiting to see how successful safe MMA was after the first few shows. Personally, I don't care much for ultimate cage fighting brawl smash face shows that clearly are not in the sport to promote and progress bonefide athletes. I would like to distance any such legitimate organisation such as safe MMA from the dirty rats looking to cash in on fighters without regard to their well being.

    As for fighters, well were are all a complicated bunch with different agendas, but if you are serious about your career and want to be considered as a professional athlete and treated as such then some effort is required on your part too. I will likely never fight MMA, however I have every intention of undergoing the safe MMA checks when I get back into sparring. I want to know I'm 'safe' and that if I am cleared then that's one more guy on the mats that is of no risk to anyone else (apart from my left hook). I understand there is a cost attached and some are lucky enough to get this subsidised by sponsors and believe me safe MMA are working hard to build this. But you name me another professional sport where you can compete at the highest domestic level for free and earn hundreds, sometimes thousands of pounds per outing! Every grappling comp I'e entered has cost me in excess of 25 quid and for just 1 fight cos I'm shit. I certainly didn't earn from it. Safe MMA has been very flexible allowing fighters sort their own health checks so long as they are in line with safe MMA guidelines. Therefore all you actually pay for is the admin costs. I refute any argument that fe MMA does not offer excellent value for what they offer.

    With regads fighters who are registered and then decide to fight on a non safe MMA bout, there are certain criteria that must be upheld to safe guard the safe MMA 'circle' and that is further blood tests and medical to assess whether a fighter has clean blood and is physically sound. If the necessary blood results from the fight that they are competing in are filed with safe MMA then supplementary bloods might not be necessary. I put it to you, why aren't you pressuring your promoter to join safe MMA so that this isn't an issue. The majority agrees that its the best step forward for the sport so respect it, your own health and get promoters involved. Question why not if they refuse and ask the question, why not? Are they serious about your safety and the well being of the sport?

    Please chew this over for a bit. I know I haven't answered everything but my MMA widow is beckoning!
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.