Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Rankings - Please could someone shed some light for me.

Default UFC Rankings - Please could someone shed some light for me.

How is this calculated?

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

As you'll see from the link in the pound for pound section, Chris Weidman has just moved down to #10 after beating Anderson Silva and Dominick Cruz who's not fought for 2 years has moved up??

Josh Thomson just knocks out a ranked Nate Diaz and moves down to be replaced by Gray Maynard who got destroyed by a ranked guy?

Not calculated at all - it's all voted for by select members of the MMA media.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    Not calculated at all - it's all voted for by select members of the MMA media.
    Yeah I read that but how the hell do they make their decisions based on the two examples above.

Its all subjective u could look at any rankings and pick holes in them. Its more a guide than anything most ppl dont take them too seriously.

Also, Davis just beat Machida, yet is still ranked below him.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    Its all subjective u could look at any rankings and pick holes in them. Its more a guide than anything most ppl dont take them too seriously.
    I agree, but this is the UFC and these are the UFC rankings. Not a domestic website ranking domestic fighters.

you'll probably find the are set the way they are for a reason. Maybe to hype fights between certain ranked guys? A guy moving up may be subject to a fight announcement or something in the pipeline against a similarly ranked fighter? Just sayin'
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean FFC View Post
    Also, Davis just beat Machida, yet is still ranked below him.
    When did it become a rule when u beat someone u go above him in rankings. If u put davis above machida that means hes above rashad who beat davis already. But machida beat rashad so hed go above him. Surely its not just about who beats who??? Or is it I dont know????

'UFC' fans wanted rankings and pettioned the UFC to do them.

The UFC decided to do rankings safe in the knowledge that if people moaned about them they would go 'hey bro why you moaning about rankings, we did this for you'.

Rankings are like opening a window and trying to fuck the night... Pointless.

Unless its me doing them, then they are totally legit.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.