Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UCMMA out of Safe MMA

Quote Originally Posted by TheReem View Post
    dod allowed 3 fights to happen all 6 fighters not safe mma registered? if so imo safe mma made the right decision
    I think it was one person in each bout was not Safe MMA registered, or not fully registered (late bloods etc).

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

A year seems extreme, however make an example of a few and many know not to mess up
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Opinion piece on the Safe MMA situation here:

Should A Fighter Be Responsible For Their Bloods And Medicals?
    Good article, a lot of commenters on here could do with reading it to realise what safe Mma is all about
    Twitter @ricbrad

Cool - so I have AIDS, at least I know I can still fight on a big show
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    Cool - so I have AIDS, at least I know I can still fight on a big show
    if they stop you fighting on a safemma show can you go and fight on a non safemma show? surely privacy laws means they cant disclose to non safe mma people that you have a blood borne virus

Quote Originally Posted by crazycenter View Post
    if they stop you fighting on a safemma show can you go and fight on a non safemma show? surely privacy laws means they cant disclose to non safe mma people that you have a blood borne virus
    Only safe MMA promoters have access to the database which shows the 'cleared' fighters. If you are not registered or have medical issues, then you will not appear as cleared on the database. Strict confidentiality is in place as 76 Harley street has to obide by the medical code of practice. Safe MMA has no influence on shows outside of its registered promoters, though it will of course try and help those that wish to improve their medical standards and join.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Quote Originally Posted by gmccann15 View Post
    I know that Misiek's manager is trying to get the ban overturned because in section 19 of the safe mma rules online it says that if a british fighter fights in america, then their medicals from over there cover 1 fight on a safe mma show, it doesn't mention anything about the date of the medical etc subsequently if said fighter wanted to fight again, on consecutive safe mma shows, then he would have to sign up to safe mma.

If it was me, I would assume that the bloods would have to be within the 6 month period as stated by safe mma, however I can see how there could be some confusion.

12 months is a bit harsh imo, although as stated on twitter to me by Brad, it's only kind of a 1 fight ban, sounds worse than it actually is.

I believe that Misiek would have had his blood in-date if he/his manager knew that's how it worked with fighters who fight in america.
    George, the info in registering for safe MMA is very clear. Valid bloods must be within 6 months and be in line with those set out by safe MMA. UK fighters that fight in the US must also provide a valid medical I.e. one that is within 12 months. The bloods received were out of date. 12 MONTHS FOR MEDICAL!! UCMMA announced their card many weeks before the august weekend, which left many weeks in which to get sorted.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk