Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maguire cut from the UFC

Hybrid View

Default Maguire cut from the UFC

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/15...erman-mma-news

Along with 5 others including Herman and Magalhaes.

After 3 straight defeats it's no surprise, but a shame as i'm sure he has a lot more to give.

Please sign with Cagewarriors!!!!!!
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Shame loved his style if he goes to cage warriors they will have bagged a bargain in my opinion.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

right now, you can't lose that many in a row in the UFC and expect to keep your job. Same with Vinny. I like Vinny, but you can't go 1-4 in the UFC.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Another good fight for Cathal Pendred right there...Win that's and he pretty much should get a call from the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty H View Post
    Another good fight for Cathal Pendred right there...Win that's and he pretty much should get a call from the UFC.
    Even though he is now fighting at light weight, i doubt that he'd get motivated to make 155 for a non UFC fight, I fight with Pendred could very well be on the cards if he signed with CW.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    Even though he is now fighting at light weight, i doubt that he'd get motivated to make 155 for a non UFC fight, I fight with Pendred could very well be on the cards if he signed with CW.
    I totally forgot that he was at LW for his last fight but you're right about Maguire probably not cutting down to 155 for non UFC. Cage Warriors could do some decent numbers putting him against Cathal in Ireland (if he signs).

With Cathal appearing to be close to a UFC call up he may opt for a lower risk bout as well.

If Maguire fights for UCMMA instead, does this sort of kick Safe MMA in the teeth? A high profile fighter (in the UK) opting to fight for a non Safe MMA sanctioned organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty H View Post
    If Maguire fights for UCMMA instead, does this sort of kick Safe MMA in the teeth? A high profile fighter (in the UK) opting to fight for a non Safe MMA sanctioned organisation.
    Dont ucmma have a few high profile fighters not trying to be clever just asking?
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000