Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maguire cut from the UFC

the problem is if your on UCMMA they build you up and the level of competition is normally not as good. Cagewarriors will match guys up accordingly and produce constant fights that people want to see and are relevant. Therefore, if you want to get noticed then Cagewarriors would be the place to be. Maybe UCMMA will offer Maguire an easier win streak as they could get him on for ticket sales etc and give him lesser opponents
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    the problem is if your on UCMMA they build you up and the level of competition is normally not as good. Cagewarriors will match guys up accordingly and produce constant fights that people want to see and are relevant. Therefore, if you want to get noticed then Cagewarriors would be the place to be. Maybe UCMMA will offer Maguire an easier win streak as they could get him on for ticket sales etc and give him lesser opponents
    Oh yea I have to agree cage warriors are deffo the show to be on uk wise im not aware of there matchmaker but whoever he/she is they do a fantastic job. But also have to give huge props to Dale as made for the cage is doing awesome and putting on some cracking shows in the north east.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

They could try and put him on the next BAMMA and try for a Warburton v Maguire fight for the show after next if they both won? or him vs the winner of Newman v Fletcher?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Maguire and Daley on Bamma could be fun. I dont think he will return to UCMMA but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Dont ucmma have a few high profile fighters not trying to be clever just asking?
    This'll sound kind of shallow but I don't watch UCMMA anymore. That Ultimate Ball crap and some of the matchmaking was terrible. Some real lopsided match ups just to get a few brutal KO's to please a bunch of charlied up cockney wideboys. They were going to match Paul Kelly up with a guy who had only 2 or 3 fights when he left the UFC and was going to fight for them.

I feel sorry for DOD, he's really put in a lot of effort and you gotta hand it to him, he looks after fighters and his own guys but in doing so he's put on some real crazy shit. Some people like it, some don't.

/\ this.

Shame as Cage Rage was a cracking org with some serious talent, UCMMA on the other hand still has some decent talent comign though but the match ups have been lacking to say the least, it sure is the case these days that Cage Warriors fighters are more battle tested.

Yeah and don't get me started on Ultimate cageballwrasslinbritishbulldogs....

Right now UCMMA is more about putting on a spectacle, CW is putting on proper MMA bouts. I can understand in a way why DOD has gone down the route he has, just its not everyones cup of coffee (not tea, cos tea is shit) and the more hardcore MMA fans may not find it as appealing as the general public..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    there are uk fighters in the ufc right now with padded records in the UK that havent come from UCMMA

fighters that pad there record in the north west and north east on local shows

big fan of john hope he signs with cage warriors best place to develop his career right now
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    there are uk fighters in the ufc right now with padded records in the UK that havent come from UCMMA

fighters that pad there record in the north west and north east on local shows
    I was comparing the potential difference if John signed for either not that UCMMA is the only show to help pad records. I am aware of guys that pad records

I think that UCMMA have lost a lot of talent over the last year or two. They will always be around though unlike most shows.