Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Overeem be cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean FFC View Post
    I don't see him being cut just yet. He was suppose to be next in line for a title shot, then instead of JDS, got a should win fight against Big Foot which he totally fucked for himself. Then last night, he gave everything but Browne showed the heart of a lion. Give Overeem a lower ranked fighter like Hunt.
    I think Hunt would beat him this time, his TDD has improved and he can more than weather the initial storm and still be standing to take him out.
    Last edited by Gareth; 18-08-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    I think Hunt would beat him this time, his TDD has improved and he can more than weather the initial storm and still be standing to take him out.
    Agreed! I think Hunt would KO Overeem in a rematch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean FFC View Post
    I don't see him being cut just yet. He was suppose to be next in line for a title shot, then instead of JDS, got a should win fight against Big Foot which he totally fucked for himself. Then last night, he gave everything but Browne showed the heart of a lion. Give Overeem a lower ranked fighter like Hunt.
    Hunt would run him over in my opinion. Give him Barry.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

For Overeem's sake i hope they dont. IMO there's zero worthwhile match ups for him outside of the UFC. Personally i think they should start him afresh and build him up all again.

Give him someone down the rankings with name recognition to start with that he could spark but still be able to promote as if it would be a war. Someone like Barry or Schaub.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

He hasn't respected either fighter in his last 2,so I say give I'm Frank Mir or Big Nog,he loses he's cut,he wins and hel start to climb back up the rankings
    Twitter @ricbrad

Can't fight Mir, Mir is fighting Barnett has should be cut when he loses because he's looked shit in his previous 2.

Here is my long winded take:

He was something like 10 or more lbs less this fight, because he worked his ass off with Big Mike and got some oomph back but he was legitimately beaten by Travis who is a decent all rounder and tough guy.
    His loss against Bigfoot was a total failure.
    If he keeps training hard, he'll keep losing weight and he'll have to accept an obvious loss of face (because of his physique change) but increase his chances of winning through hard work.
    Or he'll get caught juicing one more time and get cut, or he'll retire.

Bets please...
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Agree with that... just cos Joe Rogan says that he isnt showing his oppo any respect it doesnt actually mean its true, he was all over Browne, (who is a legit beast), till he got got caught with a quality kick, he just doesnt seem to take shots that well.

Gotta come up with a big performance in his next one

Tesco find horsemeat in burgers and ban it, Overeem starts losing mass and losing fights....

Coincidence??
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Guys do you think he was just hype? He beat Brock who was there for the taking lets be honest here I think his best chance is either cutting to LHW or joining another promotion continue making a living and be a champion.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000