Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Overeem be cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Guys do you think he was just hype? He beat Brock who was there for the taking lets be honest here I think his best chance is either cutting to LHW or joining another promotion continue making a living and be a champion.
    Dont think he could make 205 now unless he chops a leg off. The quote from ralph about a quality kick might be a bit off it looked like a toe kick thst knocked him on his arse wisnae as if it was a shin kick or that. i think its a mental thing with overeem hes got the game but not the heart. Put brad picketts heart in his body maybe hed get on a bit better. Before anybody says his heart is not the problem just remember the way he ducked fedor when he was strikeforce champion. Dont like to knock fighters just giving ma opinion for what its worth.

Think he's showed why he was champion in Strikeforce both fights that he's lost. I genuinely think he's got too much money so has lost a bit of the hunger for fighting, that or he's failing now he's not Uberroid. Seems to just get complacent.
    Still legit though.
    https://www.facebook.com/JonnyAfroThunderGoodall 66kg Am: 7-3, Pro: 1-2.

He could be a force at lhw I think.i dunno maybe I want him to be better than he is,or maybe he is just out of sorts at the min.i think a fight against big nog would make or break him
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    He could be a force at lhw I think.i dunno maybe I want him to be better than he is,or maybe he is just out of sorts at the min.i think a fight against big nog would make or break him
    That would be a horrible fight for big nog at this stage in his career would seem to me like theyd be feeding him to overeem.

Maybe,but it would be what overeem needs.who else do you think?if Mir wasn't already occupied I would think that would be a no brainer
    Twitter @ricbrad

Iv said it before Barry is the make or break fight he needs stand up war somebody gets knocked out we have our answers.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

he blew up to HW as he wasn't going anywhere at LHW, can't see it being any different now. He looks the part but has never really been able to take a shot and no amount of juice/horsemeat is going to change that. Plus he's been ko'ed a lot in both kickboxing and MMA which won't help either.

The whole Reem signing has blown up in the UFC and Dana's face.

They wheeled out the shell of Brock Lesnar to give Reem a big name win in North America.

Reem then blows it by failing a roid test and losing by KO/TKO to two hand picked fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinstonChurchill View Post
    The whole Reem signing has blown up in the UFC and Dana's face.

They wheeled out the shell of Brock Lesnar to give Reem a big name win in North America.

Reem then blows it by failing a roid test and losing by KO/TKO to two hand picked fighters.
    if he hadn't failed the test though would've just meant his downfall would've been sooner. JDS would have wiped the floor with him if that fight had happened
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Maybe,but it would be what overeem needs.who else do you think?if Mir wasn't already occupied I would think that would be a no brainer
    Werdum would be decent fight. Roy Nelson?? Mark Hunt???